Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing

Options
  • 03-06-2002 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭

was out on saturday for the first day this year,in galway bay. Have to say fishing was poor. lots of small coalfish,2 pollock and a dozen small mackrel.anyone else out sea fishing this year yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

have been out -catching cod earlier on this year..

This weekend was in Wexford, no cod, but caught 3 bass at Rosslare point.
    They were returned as its close season for Bass until June 15th, but at least they are around.
    Might try and target some tope later this month, cos they are out there. Apparently , there is also some large Ray (thornback,sting, Blonde) in Wexford harbour, but I've never heard of them being targeted, so thats another option. I reckon down near the pumping station on the North Slobs may be the place to go..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Talked to someone in work-he went down to kilmore quay (the burrow) for flounder -caught a nice 5lb bass!
    waiting for the 15th!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

think it's to cold now for tope to be in galway bay. as for ray's they are always around.think their population peaks in august. we went after tope and caught none :( .ah well it's to cold and windy to be fishing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Went for a trip to connemara there last weekend. bit of fishing on the lakes and that. 3 trout killed on the fly of 1 1/2 pounds each. lovely lakes there for it.

got my permit for the crana river (buncrana,donegal) there yesterday and so will be a super fly guy there for the rest of the season!

Mark (Gone fishing)

Advertisement