Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky mini dish

• 03-06-2002 3:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me where I may get a sky mini dish, preferably in Ireland, I want to keep the ebay route as a last resort.

I'm gonna be using it for broadband internet access.

Cheers
    G

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

You will have a job getting internet access on a Sky Minidish
    (I think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭HappyDude

I would suggest getting an old 80cm dish - there are plenty of people out there who upgraded to Sky Digital, and kept their old analogue system.

I seem to remember seeing some for sale in Buy and Sell
    try this link

http://www.buyandsell.net/classifieds/index-2.php?mfcisapicommand=search&Query=dish&Location=0-15

Mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Thanks for replying guys, the thing is that I'm going to sign up for netsystem. Its says on the site that if I was to use an old analogue dish I would have to get a digital LNB anyway. so I thought it would be better to go for the digital dish. :confused:

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

A lot of the later dishes used for analog sat had a universal LNB (also confusingly called digital LNB) so try that option. And as dishes go, the bigger the better (within reason)! If the Netsystem uses Astra 1 at 19.2E then I would recommend an 80cm dish like the ones used for analog. A Zone2 minidish would do at a push.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 dogdig

An old analogue dish can easily be fitted with a universal or digital lnb - and it will outperform the titchy minidish any day! Just take out the old analogue lnb - pop in the new one with the locator marks showing lnb as upright- and you are away! If the collar holder is not too tight you can try moving the new lnb a few degrees either side of vertical to see if you can get an improvement - and then tighten things up when you are happy you have the best signal. With dishes the usual rule is the bigger the better! (Now where have I heard that before....!):cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

Have a look here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Just to clarify, there is no such thing as a digital dish.. a dish is a dish... stick a digital LNB on a metal dustbin lid and you will pick up a digital feed... hell you could do like the ad and use a wok! The LNB is the important thing (by the way i dont recpmmend the dustbin option!) Anyway I bought a brand new one a few months back from Tony ( www.satellite.ie ) Its the 80cm Triax, usual signal strength about 70% or more... works a treat!! Have it alongside my Sky dish and use for Eonline and netsystem.

Advertisement