Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I change my AGP speed from 1x to 2x?

• 26-07-2001 11:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭

Lo laeds :)
    Ive got a motherboard that supports 2x AGP and a FireGL1 graphics card that also supports 2x, problem is SiSoft Sandra says its set at 1x, now there is no option to change the speed of the AGP to 2x in the bios the only option is for AGP aperature size which has nothing to do with the 1x, 2x deal. Any ideas lads? Should I be looking to change jumpers or a switch on the motherboard or something? All help appreciated laeds :)
    Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

what is the exact make of mobo and bios date?

Ashley...if only

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

The drivers for the graphics card more than likely are restricting it to 1x, so try the latest drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

There might also be 3rd party utilities available to enable it if the option isn't presented by the drivers themselves - but only if they do actually support it in the first place (This was the case with early geforce drivers and VIA chipsets, they turned it off and wouldnt give an option to change it, but there were a few utils online to force it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

http://www.hardwarezone.com/reviews/mb/p6bxap/p6bxap.htm

is the exact motherboard. I have all the latest drivers for the GFX card and it clearly states inthat review that the board supports 2x. cheers for the help laeds.

"LOSE me.. Hate me.. SMASH me..
    ERASE me.. KILL me.."

nine inch nails - eraser

|Chief|...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

Anybody got any thoughts / ideas about it yet? smile.gif
    Cheers!

"LOSE me.. Hate me.. SMASH me..
    ERASE me.. KILL me.."

nine inch nails - eraser

|Chief|...

• Advertisement