Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burning VCD's-Problems

• 29-07-2001 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭

OK Heres the dilema....

I have alot of mpegs I want to put onto VCD and thus recogniasable by DVD players.
    At the moment I'm using Adaptec Easy CD Creator Vers. 4 and so far I haven't been able to figure out how (or if) to create a vcd so that the file structure will play automatically in a DVD player.
    So.......
    1. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to do w/ Easy CD...v.4
    2. If not can anyone tell me of any freeware CD burner software that will allow me to create VCD's
    3. www.vcdhelp.com tells me I can convert MPEG to a .bin file and burn the .bin file onto a cd and it will act like a VCD- Without trying to go through a couple of test CD's can anyone tell me if this might work??

80p.

www.80project.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

/me spits on Adaptec Easy CD Creator

ick ick ick.

i dont know nor do i want to know what that thing can do. but if you get your paws on Nero it will burn an mpeg to a cd as a VCD so as you can watch it in DVD/CVD player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

ME HEARS You !!!

I have a pile of ruined CD media from Adaptec C**k-Ups!

Please keep the suggestions coming....
    BTW the direction the price of cd burners is goin its almost as expensive to buy a new softare package than the burner itself w/ the software free!!
    So if anyone knows any freeware this would be best or how to configure the file structure!

80p.

www.80project.com

[This message has been edited by 80project.com (edited 29-07-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

hers an update for you. go to http://www.digital-digest.com . they have loads of walk thrus and recomended programs for all sorts of video trickery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

that sound like an interesting project. there might be some useful info here for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Thx for any suggestions here-to-fore.
    However the miracalous powers of the Kazaa Media Desktop www.kazaa.com have come to my rescue. Indeed as I 1st suspected, Adaptec CD Cre..V4 does not support VCD's but Nero V5.5 does... So I just downloaded it free from Kazaa.- Full Functioning Program-Not a demo/shareware-
    I must say the options in terms of cd types is much better and so far its burned a perfectly functioning VCD-About 85 mins of mpegs !!

It is an interesting project as stated....
    I'm currently transferring loads of stuff from VHS to VCD- I'm a big Seinfeld Fan and hopefully I'll have what I have on VHS on VCD soon w/ the ability to watch it on my PC and DVD player!! If you think about it w/ the current price of media-ie- 50p per CD for 80 or 90 mins- it still works out cheaper than buying VHS tapes !!
    An option worth looking into !!

Thanks for any suggestions and if anyones interested- www.vcdhelp.com is the best resource and reference point!

80p.

• Advertisement
Advertisement