Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I do?

Options
  • 04-06-2002 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I really like this girl, i love her. Her friend asked me if i would go with her about 6 months ago, i said yeah, at the time i didn't really like her that much, well thats lying really, i did like her, but i had no courage to do anything. I went about 2 weeks avoiding her, i was too shy :( Well during that time she was sticking her middle finger up at me and stuff :(, so was her friend. around the same time i saw her holding hands with a boy, it broke my heart :( . about 6 months went then, i couldn't stop thinking of her and i really like her now. I don't know what to do. about 3-4 weeks ago her friend was saying she liked me. i was glad and knew it could be a chance to ask her out, but nothing happened, summer holidays came. and now i'm here, totally pissed off with myself, and how i left such a good chance go. I can't stop thinking of her and its depressing me now. I'm too shy and have no courage to do anything. I'm totally confused on what to do. what should i do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

your own fault.
    no sympathy.
    ask her out you feeble loser.
    stop feeling so sorry for yourself - if you had told her how you felt in the first place you wouldn't be like this and in my opinion you sound pretty young so i wouldnt worry about it too much,
    just tell heer how you feel. jesus im sick of saying this www.tellherhowyoufeel.com - the worst she can say is no and it might break your heart but you will get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Originally posted by Unregistered
    your own fault.
    no sympathy.
    ask her out you feeble loser.

Yeah he does sound like a young fella so shut up and leave him alone.

Oi, just go and ask her out. the worst can happen is she says no.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Same thing happened to me when i was 14 , really liked this girl
    blew my chances, had to wait 6 YEARS before i was finally with
    her.

Whats the worst that could happen , she'll laugh in ur face , ahhh
    probably not going to happen is it? Even if it did her loss
    IF you talk to her you could have the best summer of your life
    with someone you really like , that doesnt happen very often
    whether your 14 or 24.

Think about this , if you dont talk to her now , will you wait 6 years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

There are an awful lot of platitudes and saying that could be thrown at you, and probably will by people (plenty more fish in the sea, and that kind of stuff). But here is my honest take on this.

First of all, never let anyone tell you that what you are feeling is false, or taht you are too young to feel it. The fact that it is getting you down is important enough.

Secondly, the issue hear may be your own self confidance. The fact is that she is with somebody else now, so it might be best to take this time and look at what you want to do for yourself, how to make yourself happy (through hobbies, going out and having fun), and talking to people who appreciate you for who are.

Perhaps as you feel yourself growing more confidant, you will find it easier to attract people, and you might even find you don;t like her as much anymore.

Anyway, the most thing here is you and your self confidance. Accept that you are worth respect and due attention, and work on what makes you happy and what you find fun, and other things will begin to slot into place

i was in the EXACT same situation about a year ago, i was completly infatuated wit this girl, i was on love wit her and she was also a friend. about 6 months went by and i finally asked her out [like urself im VERY shy], she said no, i was devestated, heartbroken blah blah etc.....

the conclusion is tat i asked, she said no, i went on for a couple of months feeling really depressed, but then i got over it, and now im fine, even wen im around her.

so just ask man :)

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, yep i'm young 15.

Umm problem is i probably won't get the chance to ask her over the summer, she is living a good bit away from me and i'll be working full time in computer store :( She has no mobile :( it would help if she did

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Originally posted by Unregistered
    Thanks guys, yep i'm young 15.

Umm problem is i probably won't get the chance to ask her over the summer, she is living a good bit away from me and i'll be working full time in computer store :( She has no mobile :( it would help if she did

Here's an idea.....

Buy her a mobile and post it to her and put your number in the phone book..... I know it sounds lame and cost a bit of money, but hey... ya only live once :) i know i've done lame things in the past that have worked.

umm theres an idea :D only problem is giving it 2 her, we never see eachother :(, but i've no problem buying it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I wouldn't recommend the phone thing personally.

Can you not try getting in contact with her, maybe through her friend? Try making it clear that you want to see her, she may not still know how you feel about her. Find out if there's things you have in common with her, ask her if she wants to join you for a day or night.

Get in contact with her mate, in any way you can.

maybe?

I'll try my best, there is a disco coming up and she will probably be there, that will be my chance, even though i will will end up doig nothing. Thanks for the help guys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 FizzyPants

Hey,
    Take consolation in knowing that most guys "fall in love" with a girl at some stage and it does not work out. The best thing you can do is give HER one last chance to get with you. Thats the attitude you need. If she does not want to then any more effort on your part to change her mind is a waste.

I know she may seem like the only one for you and that no one could be better or more perfect for you than her. Belive me you will meet someone new who makes you feel the same way and this girl will pale in comparrison.

No one can make you happy but yourself. There is an excellent peice of wisdom at the start of the Faithless track Liontamer...last one on the outrospective CD, goes like this:

If you place a thing into the center of your life
    That lacks the power to nourish
    It will eventually poison everything that you are
    And destroy you

A simple a thing as an idea
    Or your perspective on yourself of the world
    No one can be the source of your contempt,
    It lies within, in the center.

Very true.

My advice is to try once more, don't ask her out on a date. Go up to her, talk to her about something that she finds interesting, make her laugh, don't be sap by offering to do nice things for no reason other than "if I'm nice to her maybe she will like me" this is not a good reason. Leave after you have run out of conversation by saying you have to go meet a friend (preferably another girl) to do something interesting, so have something aranged.

If she does not seem anymore interested in you after that forget her. At least don't restrict yourself to fancying one girl. You can be chasing others and still have an eye on this one. Cos as soon as you get another girl this one will be more interested in you.

fp

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Lo Mate. Listen, im 18 and I have been with a couple of serious girlfriends,well four in all. If she likes you she does but if she dosn't she dosn't, its happened to all of us,ive recently had a simular thing with a girl I know and I heard her laughing about me perposly so I could hear her, those types of girls aint worth it. I also Had a girl who told me she had 3 other boyfriends (WOW),I got as far away from them. Now Im with somone who means the world to me and I mean the world to her, wll what I am trying to say is dont put yourself through this, belive me I know its hard to forget her but get out there and find somone else who loves you back, cause there is nothing like it. You have more than likely heard this already but "she aint worth it" and "forget her" but you know its right and she isnt. PS m8 you are only 15 get out there with your mates and meet girls and have a laugh, you have about another 10 years of boozin' and partyin' so get drunk and tell her to get stuffed! Show her you arnt whipped (girls love playing with guys)
    Anyway whatever you do good Luck mate, ive been there too!

Thanks guys :) Makes me feel better now, now i must go off in 1/2 hours time to sit my english exam. I hope i won't mess up! cya

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Let us know what happens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

Yep I will :)

Advertisement