Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

agp apature

• 30-07-2001 1:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭

wwman, no it doesn't really make much of a difference these days. AGP is giving a performance boost today, because it is faster at sending the outline of the scene (i.e. triangles and polygons) to the graphics card than pci. If main memory is used to cache textures though, there is a huge speed hit. Thats why there is a great effort made to keep all the textures in graphics card ram, using compression if necessary. So the size of the agp aperture makes little difference, once it is over 32. (I'm not sure at what size below that would your machine start to slow down)

Dave, go to csa9. csa7 is down.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

I can't get in, strangely (it's refusing my login). CSA7 works though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

what is it and what does it do?
    i know i posted up a question like this on a thread somewhere, but im buggered if i can remeber where!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ahh cheers.
    but does it really make any difference when you have cards theses days with so much onboard memory and core speed etc?
    i mean i have mine on 128 i think and it really never made any difference to anything i do smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Yo Phil, log into csa7, roight?

• Advertisement
Advertisement