Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heehee...how unfortunate 4 the Revs!

Options
  • 04-06-2002 8:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭

Y' know, The Revs aren't all that bad. Overall they're good musicians and in fairness they do have some good songs but in all their hard work against the plastic pop industry they've somehow managed to acquire the same following as (dare I say it on this board...) Westlife...and other such "bands". At a Revs gig there is an abundance of little girlies screaming (especially at John to get his kit off (which I personally wouldn't mind seeing!) But still...the whole thing is kinda ironic...innit!

69 is my favourite number...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 NO ME TO KNOW

It is amusing to read your dubilation for an occurance concerning a particular 'audience age group' participation for a particular Irish rock band that just might - and I stress just might (hinting sarcasm) mark the beginning of a BLOODY RENNAISANCE IN LIVE MUSIC YOU IGNORANT BY-STANDER YOU!!!

Have you no wit to try and feign slander for a band that are quite obviously doing an outstanding good job with bringing up our kids on the right diet. Daily supplements of little REVS rock which will surely lead to harder drugs.

IS IT NOT PLAINLY OBVIOUS THAT THE REVS NOW REPRESENT THE CORRECT BABY PASSIFIER!!! WOULD YOU RATHER GIVE LOUIS WALSH'S KNOB TO YOUR CHILDREN!!!

SLAP YOURSELF AND CHEER 'THE REVS! THE REVS! show them the way great ones!'

CMON!!! HELLO?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

ummm....was i the only one who had no clue what that was all about????? take a chill pill people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ouzo M

Anyone that supports the Revs in ANY way, shape or form should be at the very least maimed.

They're spawn of satan himself, Robert Stephenson... And who cares if they would be any good without him (which I seriously doubt as they're a trio of arrogant pricks themselves) as their manager? The simple fact is they play the type of music that is neither here (rock) nor there (pop), which makes it far worse than both genres.

Jesus, I MUCH prefer to sit through a crap Westlife song than an utterly ****E Revs song. At least some of Westlife can sing.

~Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 NO ME TO KNOW

They did'nt deserve that. Dear me, so harsh. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jonny

touche:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 wolfbag

Is it just me thinking this or hasn't the output of the Revs to date been just one cynical attempt to market some gimmick or other after another? First of all we had the schoolground opus Wired to the Moon, with the obvious "tee hee hee they (nearly) say **** on the record! hee hee hee" hook...then we have a cover of the pretty awful to begin with Turning Japanese which coincides with (total coincidence, swear...) the World Cup being in Japan! Funny that. Hoping to get some exposure as background music to various video montages about Paddies in Japan on TV? Naww, no way, I'm just being too cynical now, aren't I? Wasn't that cover originally released months ago only to sink without a trace?

As for Louis Walsh's brand of drivel, at least he freely admits its drivel that no-one will remember or want to remember in 2 years time. This gives the guy some redemption, though of course not enough for him to still be allowed to churn the crap out over and over again...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

Sandi, has hanging around with me had NO influence over ur feelings for the revs :):):):)

it is kind of funny though
    but she does like them, shes not slandering them!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

Drowner i mean this in a nice way but if the poor girl speaks in any remote way for liking for the Revs then her sanity has gone...................
    Maybe thats from hangin around with u.
    o and sandi that was not to be really insulting....i just dont like the Revs!:D

u should know better!
    Does anyone just realise their perkyness-its scary!
    I actually felt really bad for them at the Muse/Hives concert cause there was a countdown for them to get off stage and repeated

suggestions to kill themselves from the crowd.

but they who slagged of Louis Walsh have perhaps become

more pathetic by doin the christmas panto in the Gaeity or somewhere like that.:p :D i feel sorry for them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 myles

Check out the www.therevs.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭back to front

You sly dog you..,eh, but what do u hope to gain from that?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 scotsman

Absolute genius!

PLEASE OH PLEASE do up a a piss-take site. go on go on go on go on go on go on go ongo on go on go on

such potential

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Vert

I think most of the comments against the Revs were very harsh!
    To say that you would rather listen to Westlife than The Revs is complete rubbish.
    We have to watch complete ponces miming on stage in this "pop" filled world and along come a few irish lads who sing live. MAYBE it's not hardcore rock, maybe its not heavy metal nor punk..... but its a million times better than the boy band/girl groups that we have been punished with in the past!

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

...and along come a few irish lads who sing live.

singing live does not make them good...

plus theres tons of 'irish lads' out there with actual talent...

there are bands around that i don't like but i'll admit they're good bands...take the frames for instance, great band, great live but i just don't like them...

but the revs are just plain bad pointless music...the music doesn't stir anything in me...music is supposed to make ya feel something...but the revs music is just so bland...and meaningless...and i've seen them live (what is with that drum thing?)...just bad music...

if yer looking for good music from some 'irish lads'

check out popstar, speedman, polar, blotooth, berkeley, otranome, aftertheparty, brando, zeel etc...

not to mention artists like mundy, bell x1, damien rice, turn etc...

there's a lot of irish talent out there...the revs are not part of it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

Originally posted by myles
    Check out the www.therevs.net

hehe

...as far as The Revs? Whatever, they serve their demograpic quite well - its not me for sure but I dont think they are hurting "real" irish music necessarily. Im not sure they've left themselves anywhere to go from where they are at anyway.

Advertisement