Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop-up problem...

Options
  • 04-06-2002 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Anyone else getting an insane amount of pop-up this morning... from http://adserver.digiserve.ie/

piccy here...
    popup.gif
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Yes its extremely annoying and is actually seriously hindering my browsing of the boards today. whats up with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Yesterday and today, its VERY annoying, seems to be around every 30 seconds. Its gonna have to be sorted.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

EH?

We're completely opposed to pop-ups? (I'm not getting them either on IE 6, Win2k).

Can you give me pointers on your browsers, version numbers, OS etc.

Is anyone else getting this?

DeV.

I'm using IE 5.... the one that comes with win2k. I'm running it both here in uni and at home, and i get that annoying pop-up every 10-30 seconds. It looks just like the above pic posted by decob. It's just a text file with 'tt' in it and the url http://adserver.digiserve.ie/ in the address bar. It's not just one either, they keep opening. I don' tthink i'll be browsing the boards much till this stops, its extremely annoying... also strange if ye don't know whats causing it? and it would appear most ppl aren't gettting this problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Im using IE5 aswell, and i havent gotten any popups yet

• Advertisement

I've just noticed from the pic posted he is also using the cloud skin, perhaps the problem is to do with this. I've also noticed that i'm not seeing eircom ads or any other ones for the matter in the top right corner except that animated boards.ie one. Maybe this is a problem with the changing of the ads, instead of changing them it's poping up this window?

<edit> I've changed back to the normal skin... and unfortunatly its still happening :( so there goes that idea :( ... Personally I think its eircom bring down boards.ie from the inside :P </edit>

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

Happening in college using IE5 on NT not sure what service pack.. could be 6. Machines are a standard faculty image... nothing like kazza etc installed...

Advertisement