Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fixing monitor cable

• 04-06-2002 11:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

ive a monitor hear and pin number 5 has broken in half dose anyone know a way to repair it ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

I've the same problem, pin 14 in my case.
    Anyone know where I can buy a replacement plug/cable?
    ( If you've a broken Hansol 500A monitor laying around, give us a shout. )

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

hint find a old computer monitor ppl seem to be throwing them out a lot and take the old cable and replace it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Is the mon cable hardwired in or is one of them nice ones you can change? As for the pin you could probably solder another one in its place

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by Saruman
    Is the mon cable hardwired in or is one of them nice ones you can change?

Maybe get a replacement cable for one of those monitors and cut off the plug on end that goes into monitor. Then cut back the sheath and solder wires to wherever the original wires are soldered inside your monitor. Would this be an option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Depends on the plug.. some of them you can open like a scart lead in which case it would be easy and not leave a mess... otherwise cutting it off and transplanting it with the new one (playing ER theme) will work.. and then tape it up. A simple solution might be to pull out the broken pin with a pliers, cut a bit off a paper clip or something the same thicknetss... stick it in and solder it.. try that.. might work.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I was thinking slightly different. Chop off plug that goes into monitor, bare the wires then remove your monitor casing, remove cable already there and replace with new one making sure ya solder proper cables in proper places! Though your slant would work too if ya didnt want to pull monitor apart. I am assuming the cable colours would be identical. eg white - white, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I had to make an extension cable before.
    Just buy the head and found out what wire goes to what pin and solder away.

Advertisement