Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loads of Scart/Coax connictions - 1 TV

• 04-06-2002 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Right here we go, I readusting my room and buying a tv to put up there and i have loads of stuff i want to connect to the tv,
    i need to get

N64 - Coax
    Dreamcast - Coax
    PS2 - Scart
    Gamecube - Scart
    VCR - Scart
    Possibly a digibox - Scart

All plugged into the TV, ready to play

I know there are scart boxes that u plug everything into then into the TV, but can you plug Coax connections into one of these boxes too?

any suggestions

bomb

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Get the Dreamcast\PS2\Standard Arial pugging into your VCR with a switch and then a Coax out from there to the TV.. Assuming you will have Normal stations on the box...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

don't the dreamcast and n64 coax cables come with an "aerial/game" switched cable anyway? .. if so stick the cable coming from the n64s switch into the dreamcasts "aerial" switch...
    stick your main tv cable into the n64 "aerial" and away you go... a lovely three way switch :)

course you'd still need a scart box for the rest of them.. but your're on your way.. i suppose it all depends on how often you use the various consoles/vcr..

i've all my stuff (ps2/psx/vcr/dvd player) all going into a an a/v receiver.. which would be the next step up for yourself, if you want to get decent sound from the digibox,gamecube and dts from the ps2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

AV Reciever, how much and what does it do? where can i get one, ?

bomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

very briefly: an a/v receiver is basically a glorified amplifier with digital audio processing for things like dolby 5.1/dts and that lark... and are practically the main part of any home entertainment setup because they usually have a fair amount of composite/svideo/optical/coaxial/rca connections at the back so that they can act as a main switching hub for both video and audio devices...

prices start from about the e250 mark, though you'd need to go out and buy speakers and stuff as well.. so i'd stick with a simple scart switcher for the mo :)

If you are interested though, check out http://www.av-receivers.com or http://www.audioreview.com .. they should satisfy any curiousity.

Advertisement