Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

change of mind on the day

• 04-06-2002 2:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭

Just wondering if on the day it's is still possible to change the level of paper you're taking i.e. if i'm taking higher biology can i change my mind next Wednesday and do the ordinary paper?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Well you could in 1996 when I did mine, 'cos I did it!! :)
    I imagine it's still possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

It was 5 years ago (eek its been that long).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, it's no problem. The invigilator will put answer books on the table, and then as she goes around (putting stickers indicating the level on the answerbook), she will ask you if you are still doing the level that you registered, and you just say no, I'm doing pass, or whatever. Just make sure you get there early, so you don't miss time by having to sort it all out after she's given out the papers.

Be careful with some subjects. You can't switch from Pass--> Foundation in Irish on the day, due to the way the oral is marked, so if anyone was going to do that check it out now! and don't get stuck on the day (like a few people did when I did my LC). It could be the same for Maths, English and the languages too, so I'd advise anyone thinking of changing, especially with the languages, to ring your school now and try find out.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

the orals came and went 2 months ago :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    the orals came and went 2 months ago :/

and thats what makes the system so unfair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by rachel
    Just wondering if on the day it's is still possible to change the level of paper you're taking i.e. if i'm taking higher biology can i change my mind next Wednesday and do the ordinary paper?

Here is a little trick which a buddy of mine used last year. He was doing Physics and had only studied a few chapters which he was hoping to come up. Anyway he went in, took the higher level paper, had a look at it and decided that it looked too hard. He asked the supervisor for the ordinary level paper and she swapped them, no hassle. I dunno if this is allowed but it seems to work. By the way he got a B1 so he was pleased

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I done my LC two years ago, when the English paper came around i realised that i as screwd so switched from higher to ord on the day. I think is allowed as well, if they ask you that you looked at the paper just say you were checking to see if it was the correct level.

Got an A1 in ord as well, whereas i would have got only around 40-50 in the higher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭lazer

thats no problem, u will prob already of c'in some people changing down to ord level today in ur exam hall.

remeber, what seamus said, the only have a limited number of papers?

g'luck anywho!!

Advertisement