Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card facility

Options
  • 04-06-2002 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Hey Everybody,

I am doing a website (hopefully) for a hotel at present. They want a credit card facility, where users can book on-line.

I want to find out how i can set this up. And how much work is involved.

Obviously they want it fairly secure. Any help would be much obliged

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Check www.payandshop.com

hth, Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

Like steve said... check out payandshop.com.

To trade online you need the following:

merchant bank account for accepting credit cards - usual price is between 1.5% and 3.5% of the transacation value.

hosting account with ssl - banks won't deal with you if you are trading without a secure certificate. Prices range but you can get the hosting account and secure cert from anywhere between €200 and €500 depending on the bandwidth you require.

Record Transactions - you need a means of recording transactions for the owner and sending them details of bookings before and after payment. If an error occurs and the user has paid how will the website owner know that there has been a transaction? You need a backup system to ensure the owner has the customers details - store in a database, email it to them, store in a text file. Make sure you DO NOT store the credit card numbers in a database on your hosting account. This can be very dangerous as the database can be downloaded and opened easily with a password receiver. The actual system will be the hardest part. Would run smoother if you know php, asp, asp.net or coldfusion.

Payment processor - use the likes of payandshop.com or worldcom.com to process the payments, check card validation and process the payment into your clients bank account. Worldpay charge 4.5% and payandshop charge about €100 for 50 transactions per month.

Have a look on www.aspin.com for software that may have already been written to do this sort of thing. You can save a lot of time and energy by purchasing the software and just configuring it for your client.

Or... you could out source the work and charge the client more for what you were charged.

Need any more help... just shout...

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

Thanks Fellas

motm

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

Hi guys,

Does pay and shop charge additional fees besides the transaction fee.

I'm currently with clikpay and I'm being creamed.

Yep,

PayandShop charge a fixed quarterly fee, which includes a set number of transactions per month (depending on the band you choose.)

You pay less per transaction for higher volumes, but the fixed charges are great!

There are no other charges, and you get an online control panel/virtual terminal for charges, refunds, data export/reporting as well as API's in most major languages :)

Talk to Colm Lyon there and tell him Stephen Mc Carron sent ye :)

Steve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you don't want to fork out for a merchant account have a look at HostCharge
    If you contact Asher (asher@hostcharge.com) just tell him that blacknight sent you
    They are a lot cheaper than most other solutions and give you the chance to process 15 credit cards and multiple currencies at a very very low fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

Thx for the info. Just one more nugget. Whats the lower band fee for pay and shop?

I'm currently paying €100 per month for clikpay before transactions are taken into account.

A lot cheaper than that :)

AFAIR about 50-70 euro a month will see you right, and includes 50 or 100 transactions :)

HTH,
    Steve

Advertisement