Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"...is not a valid Win 32 application."

• 04-06-2002 7:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

When I try to run certain programs I get that error message, most notably with DivX Playa. It wasn't happening a few weeks ago and I havent been messing around with any settings or anything. Tried reinstalling it, didnt help.

I kinda need it cos its the only AVI player I've found that lets this crappy comp play movies without messing up the sound/frame rate.

Running XP Pro.

Any way of fix0ring it? Cheers..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I used get that message a lot when downloading stuff form the Net and unzipping it to find a damaged executable file inside. As The Playa has been working well for up to recently, it's unlikely that this is the case.

I'd suggest you empty your temp folder for a start

(under XP it's under c:\documents and settings\<username>\local settings\temp (I think))

If you're using a version of The Playa older thean v2.0, it may help if you update it (purely because you'll be installing a different version, it's not some superdooper fix)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

these messages mean that your files are curropted, I bet you didn't run scandisk in ages. you should also degragment it, the clusters on your hard drive are messed up. Run scandisk and it will attempt to fix them, but if it doesn't the files will be earsed or turn into seprate files.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Scan your machine for virii too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

as much as i hate it and think its a woeful pile of shit, download DivX 5.01 which has the Dixv Player 2.0 Alpha

now they changed the playA to playeR to make it sound more professional but its still alpha and not even beta software and keeps crashing on me

power dvd xp for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Er... how do I run ScanDisk on XP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I think its called chdsk in Xp right click c drive in my computer >> Properties >> Tools >> Error Checking

This is how its done in Win2k

May be different in XP, I`ll let some of the dedicated XP users correct me if i`m wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

pcirl.com

you got it in one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

check the compatability mode of that particular exe... it may have changed to dos/95/98, which could cause problems with XP.

Advertisement