Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trouble detecting a hard disk

• 30-07-2001 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

ok, i just got an IBM 40GB 7200RPM deskstar. problem is its not being detected in the bios. i have an abit bh6.
    when i run the bios update, it tells me "it is not award flash"
    i then tried the bios update for the BH6 Rev. 1.1, just in case. same story with that one.
    any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

Have you had a look here? Apparently there are two versions of your Mobo.

[This message has been edited by BNC (edited 30-07-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭tarzan

yea, i knew there was two version of it. i was just making eh, some very stupid mistakes. :0 sorted now though. ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Fand

As a connoisseur of stupid mistakes (three days of working frantically on a computer, only to discover I'd plugged the floppy cable in the wrong way round ;) what were your mistakes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Ah, he just had the bios version for the bh6 v1.1, whereas his board was a v1.0a

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭tarzan

how does gerry do it. i hadnt even talked to him yet and he knew what my problem was. what a guy smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tarzan:
    how does gerry do it. i hadnt even talked to him yet and he knew what my problem was. what a guy smile.gif</font>

Did I not just say that too? smile.gif

Advertisement