Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions for current users of netsystem

Options
  • 04-06-2002 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

I have posted in the digital satelite forums regarding the setup for accessing the netsystem service.Thread here

It has raised some questions;

1. When I get another sky minidish can I use it as is, or do I have to get a universal LNB anyway ?

2. Should I use an old analogue dish and order a universal LNB for it ?

Can anyone who uses or has used this service give me some (final !) advice.

Cheers folks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

have a look at this site here :

http://www.broadbandsatellite.co.uk/

has a fairly active netsystems forum they might be able to answer Q's for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Dr Dre, the Sky dish has got a Universal LNB, you just need to point it to 19.2 east and not the sky direction 28.8 east.. If you are not sure about that part make sure you get someone to do it for you. I got Tony to install one for me and its sweet.. nice big 80cm Triax dish.. great signal strength!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Nuno

Sauruman

How much did it cost to buy all equipment and get it installed?
    Dish, Cabling, Dish interface card...etc
    I'm really interested in this technology because I don't think DSL will reach Navan for a long time yet.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I got Tony on the boards to do it.. check out www.satellite.ie for his prices. It cost me €269 for dish and install. As for a DVB card, you can buy them here like the WinTV Nova (Internal NOT external and NOT the DVBS card). PC world sell them as will most retailers. but expensive.. best bet is order from www.europeonline.com and you get one for €59 and you get about 6 months subscription to their offline download which is amazingly fast.. leave your PC while your in work, come home and you could have gigs of stuff on your pc!! Its great!!! Then use netsystem to get any files your missing.

You may need to wait till after the world cup though... a lot of them are booked up.. Tony is according to his website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Tony's at the World Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

I just today managed to get a dish, its an 80cm one with a universal LNB for €25 from a TV repair guy. I just rang around a few repairers/installers here in Dundalk and got one. One of them told me he threw out 20 of them last week !!!!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 martpp

Does anyone know if this system (netsystem) can be used for downloading from mirc chat client, fle sharng programs, ftp sites and audiogalaxy.

Any help would be great.
    Thanks
    Martin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

yes it can, it uses VPN so it can do mostly anything the normal thing can do except play games(it can but not with a good ping because of satellite latency issues).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 keithwhir

i got it to dayyyyyyyyy yooooohhhhhhhooooooo:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Originally posted by Saruman
    As for a DVB card, you can buy them here like the WinTV Nova (Internal NOT external and NOT the DVBS card).

Why NOT the DVBS card???? It's the best card on the market. You get what you pay for if it's price your worried about. You can get a remote for it, you can record to HD and it's got TV out plus you can get all that sexy new software to emulate all the CAM's for it, SECA/VIACCESS/IRDETO etc. though you might be able to get that for the Nova too (not sure).

Blade

• Advertisement
Advertisement