Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish References in Seinfeld

• 04-06-2002 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭

I have 2 quick ones that may not be very apparent...

**In the "The Reverse Peephole" episode (no. 168)
    George reveals to Jerry that he carries Irish money in his wallet. Jerry then takes it out to examine it and it is an old Irish £5 note :)

**Also In the "The Old Man " episode (No. 58)
    the record sleeve of Irish rockers Therapy's 1994 album Troublegum can be seen on the shelf behind Ron ( the record store owner- played by Tobin Bell)

--
    AFAIR, there was mimicking of an Irish accent by Jerry at one point but cant remember the exact ep.

Interested to know if there are any other Irish references :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Yep there are a few more

George: I thought he looked Irish
    Jer: what his last nem?
    Elaine: Nelson
    George: Thats not Irish.- The Wizard

Jer mimmicks an Irish accent in The Phone Message

Also the scene in The Limo

Nazi Guy:where ya from?
    Jer: Dublin, originally cereal family couldn't get a bowl

Also Kramer enters in The Bubble Boy saying Top Of the morning to ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Ah of course the Limo ep.
    Thats a great one actually.

Re: the Phone Message
    I knew Jerry did an Irish accent somewhere:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Are you sure it's The Reverse Peephole where George has the £5 note? I've got that episode here and it's not in it, unless there are little diffs between the US and Irish version, I have noticed a few (mostly just different camera angles)

Almost certain.

As I said its only a fleeting glance and they dont say its a fiver but merely call it "Irish Money" :)

Check it out here...
    http://www.seinwars.com/epguide-09.htm
    Its in the second paragraph of number 168 synopsis where they mention the wallet.

Yep he was miniking an Irish accent but his girlfriend Donna thought it sounded Scottish

• Advertisement

Also therer was an Irish guy giving his opinon about the parking fracas in The Parking Space, and were the homeless ppl at the end of The Puffy Shirt Irish?

/Me goes off to look at Puffy Shirt Ep./

--
    At times like this I wish I had better indexed my Seinfeld Vids :(

Just saw another one the other night...

Ep No. 169. The Cartoon
    The Improv Club that Sally Weaver is performing her show entitled "Jerry Seinfeld is the Devil" was called...

"The Samuel Beckett" :)

I downloaded Ep 58- The old Man and I took this screengrab to illustrate the Therapy album I had mentioned previously in this Thread. The name of the store is "Bleecker Bob's Records". Bob being the record store on owner, Bleecker being Bleecker St. down in the Village in Manhattan :) (note: the Character is credited as "Ron" so maybe Bob is the onwer and Ron is the Sales Assitant.)

ep-58-bobs-records.jpg

I wonder do Therapy actually know about this ??
    I might write to them to tell them :)

--
    Edited Link

I found another one kind of Jerry says Thanks a million to NBC in The Pitch, a very Irish phrase

• Advertisement
Advertisement