Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best late night food joint in Dublin?

• 05-06-2002 1:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭

The 3am alchohol fuelled hunger pangs are gnawing at your beer bloated belly, you need food-greasy food. Chips, burgers and above all kebabs.

Top of the heap for me at the moment is Zaytoon on Parliment. Any other suggestions for great late night soakage?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

before reading the post i was about to suggest Zaytoon

I 2nd Zaytoon as the dogs biscuit :)

[edit]
    Café Irie also but unfortunitly it doesn't open as late as I would like it to.
    and also
    Eddie's never fails to please :)
    [/edit]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Iskanders of Dame St is widely respected as the pinnacle of human evolution. This oasis in late night Dublin has the best*~ chip butties in Dublin. The kebabs are brilliant too but at €5 not really worth it when they are going to be sprayed all over the pavement in a few mins (alcohol related rather than iskanders related).
    *~ sources : ballooba's good food guide 2002
    ballooba*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

one word 'disgusting' !
    does that not make you sick to eat when you drank too much ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Zaytoon - agreed. Best veggie kebabs anywhere. There's another kebab place near the top of Aungier St. (can't remember the name now) - they give you a proper plate with rice and all the sauce piled on top (delicious) and they serve very late most nights.

They also serve something called 'shally' sauce (seriously, it says that on the menu). When I asked one of the staff what this was he said "you know, shally sauce, it's very hot." So I ordered some and got a large tub of eye-watering chili sauce - yum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

I know the kebaberie you're talking about, the reason you can't remember its name is that it's changed about 5 times in as many years. I smell a tax dodge.

The best late night eaterie in Dublin is Gigs Place on South Richmond Street - not for the food, which is run-of-the-mill greasy spoon fare, but for the sheer oddness and cheesiness of the surroundings. It rocks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement