Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for webmaster

Options
  • 05-06-2002 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Ok as some know im setting up a business in the near future and my website skills are less than great, see Here for examples, ill be looking for someone to build me a site and to maintain it and update it every week.
    Ill need a credit card sales option a wishlist option, a newsletter sent out every month, a forum will be bought and hosted here on boards.ie
    Does anyone feel up to the challenge, if so let me know of any examples of your work and your fee for doing this.
    Hopefully we will be ready to go in the next few months

Bomb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

Hi

I believe we can provide the services you require.
    We at Dynamic Web Solutions provide an all in package that includes:

Website Design
    Admin Control Panel
    Frontend Functionality
    Telephone & E-Support

Also we cater for your credit card request with our Real Time Credit Card Processing.

We also provide an unrivalled Newsletter Service that can be customised to your needs.

We can also incorporate a forum if you wish.

There are many other features that we can apply, have a look at our site and see what you think.

We can also create an unique customised package for you that will include only the options you require.

One of the main features of our package is that you can update and edit the entire site online without any prior knowledge of html or scripting.

If there is anything else you need to know or any advise you would like then,
    please contact us either through our website or send an email to info@site-manager.com

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

...this thread is really, really dodgy, gents... might I suggest ye take this conversation elsewhere?

Gadget
    bombidol, I'd strongly advise you to host your 3count pages somewhere other than the boards.ie machine - people (we both know who) are going to (rightly) come down on you like a ton of bricks if they see this... unless, of course, you've got permission (which, considering the commercial nature of your intentions, is highly unlikely)???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Its just a tester site, no actual business is being done.

bomb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

...if those "on high" aren't aware of this and come across it (say, through your sig) all hell may break loose!

I'm not giving out, just offering (hopefully) advice...
    Gadget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by bombidol
    Ill need a credit card sales option a wishlist option, a newsletter sent out every month, a forum will be bought and hosted here on boards.ie
    Unless you’re reasonably well funded, and have allotted a sizable enough budget towards setting up a Web site with all those facilities, your best bet may be to take on a business partner who can do the Web and tech stuff for you. Down side is you’ll lose some equity.

An alternative (without spending too much) is an ASP/CMS solution. This may be all that you need, especially if the Web is not your primary focus. This can also be risky, in that you are ultimately dependant upon third party technology - It may be insufficient to your needs, or simply crap. You also leave yourself open to being dropped in at the deep end should your ASP/CMS provider go bust.

Final alternative is to get a cheap cowboy effort done. Should you go that route, you’ll realize the down side to that before long...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Another possibility would be to use a CMS like Postnuke (http://www.postnuke.com)
    It comes with 99% of your requirements out of the box, while the others would be easy enough to add on...
    Of course you'd need a reasonable host for it, but that's another story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

Bomb idol

I am an out of work web developer and designer, I have the capabilities to do all off the above and if I cant, I have a friend that can, he isnt a cowboy and I sure as hell aint, and besides....... I'd sure be glad of the work.

Can you mail me if the job is still available. thanks

patrickclint@hotmail.com:p

Advertisement