Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha CD Burners

• 31-07-2001 4:56pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've spotted a lovely 16/10/32 Yam burner that I'm thinking of buying although I've read that Yamahas are notoriously fickle and I should get a Plextor instead. Problem being I dont have the cash for a Plextor.

Can anyone give me some opinions about Yam drives?

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

They work nicely. There were a few issues with the 2200e ( I think thats your drive) but new firmware has sorted them. The 2200e doesn't have burn-proof, I dunno if yours is different, but burn proof is not a necessity anyway. Let us know what prices you have on the yamaha and plextor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i have one and all i have to say is
    no!!!!!!!!! dont . go for the plextor its mutch better

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Sterling prices here ex VAT as well (I dont pay it smile.gif ),

Yamaha 16/10/40 - £90
    Plextor 16/10/40 - £118
    Teac 16/10/40 - £104

Whats your beef with the Yam elexes? Does it make lots of coasters?

BTW Gerry, this is the 2100e model, the 2200e is the 20x write model, which is outside a students budget smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Robbo (edited 31-07-2001).]

where u getting them ? i wana get a new plex is it scsi ?

there very bad in gen . if u wana find out more id reccomend mailing flame . he has a up to date list of the top 10 wrighters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

You already said you have one, so what exactly is the problem with it?

• Advertisement

o right ye 4got to mention that . it cant copy most cd's its not 100% compatiable with clone cd (cant raw right ) and ... o ye i have 2 coasters for every cup mug and glass in the house .. but on the + side its fast .

and im just wondering where he can get that price with the plex burner cause i wana get a new one within the next week if its scsi .

[This message has been edited by elexes (edited 01-08-2001).]

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

This is from Dabs and they're IDE drives.

Advertisement