Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

watch world cup on PC???

• 05-06-2002 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

does anyone know any sites that allow you to watch the world cup matches on your PC.... i'm in college so i have a fast connection...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭ando

no their's none. you can listen to commentary or get typed in commetry allright. I did a topic like this a while ago, you'll find links there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

there is some sites cos a member of staff had it up on her PC.... cant really go and ask what is the address..... was using www.ireland.com for up to date reports on the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Gaz

there is some sites cos a member of staff had it up on her PC....

Or maybe she had a TV tuner in her system ? There very cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Darth Homer,
    Do you know what hardware and software one would need to get a TV tuner on a PC. How would you pick up the channels, aerial??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by thegills
    Darth Homer,
    Do you know what hardware and software one would need to get a TV tuner on a PC. How would you pick up the channels, aerial??

You need a tv tuner card. The software will prolly come with the card, but Win98 (I think) already has the software built-in. Yes you can use an aerial, but it should be decent. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

If running commentary will do ye check out WWW.football365.com.
    It's fairly on the ball too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭lynchie

I have a Hauppauge WinTV-USB TV tuner card attached to my PC in work. I have simply connected an external ariel to it and I can pick up NET2 perfectly. Ive been watching all the games in work, needless to say I havent been doing any work related material from 09:00-14:30!!!!!!!

You should be able to pick one up quiet cheaply at the moment. Dabs.com are selling them for £49.99 at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

We have a Digibox in the canteen upstairs.. i ran a 100 mtr cable down into a PC with a TV tuner in it and have it hooked up to a projector.. nice 20ft display or more... was great for the Ireland match!!

Advertisement