Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fps

• 01-08-2001 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

right i need to get my fps up on my computers . i have a athlon 700 with 256 of pc 133 ram and a v3 3000 getting 30 fps and a athlon 1gig with 256 pc133 and a 64 gf2 mx getting 30 fps . how can i get them up ?

thx lads

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

Any particular game?? As Half-Life & TFC both have FPS limit commands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Both should be getting much much higher.

If its HL your referring to then the console command is fps_max xx. Set that to 99, ie type fps_max 99 in the console smile.gif

However, its doubtful your fps_max was 30, so maybe it could be driver related? If you had old cards installed and didn't properly remove the drivers then they could lead to very bad performance. www.tweak3d.net might have guides of interest to you. other than that...try looking in start > settings > control panel> display and just make sure that all your settings seem ok, such as hardware acceleration and stuff.

That mightn't help at all, but it can't hurt to try smile.gif

[This message has been edited by bugler (edited 01-08-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I have a voodoo3 2000 on a p3 450 and i get at least twice that fps in most games with the right config. tweaking is necessary in most games, and makes a massive difference in games like q3. Ask someone on IRC to dcc you a config. You can go from 30fps to 125 with a nice comp like that.

btw, i had win98, and using the default drivers that came with my v3, that was what my fps was like, and when i upgraded to the latest 3dfx drivers it didn't affect fps much.

Advertisement