Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java Class Editor

Options
  • 05-06-2002 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭

Just wanted to know whats the best/cheapest Class file editor around.

I`m trying to open/edit a .class file

Any help appreciated

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Something like JBuilder can show you the names of methods and variables. I'm not sure if it shows the modifiers though, can't remember.

You could just write a little java app to do it yourself, it's quite simple. Look for "introspection".

Also I've seen some pretty good Java decompilers, can't remember any names though. Getting into muddy waters there too.

Or do you want to edit the bytecode? I suppose any hex editor would do right?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

As far as I can remember Editplus offers context highlighting for Java...
    There are also quite a few free or almost free editors around... have a look at IBM's site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by Enygma
    Also I've seen some pretty good Java decompilers, can't remember any names though. Getting into muddy waters there too.
    NMI's Java Code Viewer is a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Cheers lads

loads of good help there

It done the trick!

I went with NMI's Java Code Viewer.

Advertisement