Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i hate the revs

• 05-06-2002 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

is it just me or are the revs one of the worst bands ever?
    So bad that it is obvious that their sucess was achieved through Louis Walsh and his evil empire and huge wallet!!!

How did they get to play Slane?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

who are revs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

They're just pop-rock.
    Not too bad if your pished and a student with nothing better to do on a tuesday night.
    Listening to the music while sober is not advised howver.

What's this about the fat little peado poofta?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

They're too similar to all that candy rock junk thats coming out of America at the moment. THough they're supposed to be a really hard working bunch of guys.
    At witnness last year they had a load of people running around handing out fliers, trying to urge everyone to go see them play., which i have to admit i didn't take to kindly to, and made a point of avoiding them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

"is it just me or are the revs one of the worst bands ever?
    So bad that it is obvious that their sucess was achieved through Louis Walsh and his evil empire and huge wallet!!! "

What a stoopid thing to say, the revs are everything louis walsh is'nt. The song about him is criticising him and all the sh1t he has created, I saw them last nite in whelans and they were incredible.They deserve all the sucess they r gonna get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭col_nicholson

At least there not as bad as S-club 7 or 5 or any of those muppets. at least htey play there own instruments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

That live CD they did sounded great. But that "Turning Japanese" single sounds horrendous: Good musicianship n' all that, but a crap tune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

...and although I don't hate the Revs, trying to defend them by saying: "at least they play there own instruments" is ridiculous. I would hope the standard of music in Ireland is better than "band that plays own instruments=good".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Ah the Revs have their moments....but I do hear what you're all saying they can be VERY annoying....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

i can;t stand this band.

saw them a few times and they sucked a$$. they still suck a$$ and forever more will probably suck a$$.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

The Revs have to be one of the best bands live that I have seen. Ok the nothing when put against someone like muse because muse are THE BEST live band ever. But their stuff is cool and quite funny. They is the main band I'd be going to see at slaine. Nickelback are also ok live so they'd be like support act, and phonics are the phonics

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

They're a pretty horrendous act altogether. It's a shame to see them get the exposure when there's bands like National Prayer Breakfast and 46 Long out there, but then again the general public have never been noted for their taste.

As for them being a good live act, they've spoiled to perfectly good nights out on me in Galway. At Witness they realised that the only recognisable song they had was "Wired to the Moon" so they padded it out to about 7 minutes.

I supposed the irony is that if Louis Walsh was managing the Revs they wouldn't be stuck playing to students on tuesdays nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

i don't "hate" the revs, i just find them really tiresome, from what i've heard as people they're complete muppets and their music is just really dull, it's incredibly unoriginal, there's lots of ****ing terrible bands out there that make the same horrible sound but manage to do it better than them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by ReefBreak
    But that "Turning Japanese" single sounds horrendous: Good musicianship n' all that, but a crap tune.

Is that a cover version of the Vapours song? Spent three months in the charts in 1980 (only got to no3 though). Song I like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

I've really stopped caring about the Revs at the moment...

Just a little too bland for my taste...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

At first I liked them...
    Then I was indifferent...
    Now I just hate them...

What Next ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by Ryaner
    The Revs have to be one of the best bands live that I have seen. Ok the nothing when put against someone like muse because muse are THE BEST live band ever. But their stuff is cool and quite funny. They is the main band I'd be going to see at slaine. Nickelback are also ok live so they'd be like support act, and phonics are the phonics

Sunday night at Green Energy this year the only gig you've ever been to?
    The Revs are T.E.R.R.I.B.L.E. They make my ears hurt. They nearly made me leave that Muse/Hives gig in May. They must be sucking on someones's meat to get so much exposure, main stage at Witnness, now Slane? What has the world come to????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

**** man, you getting me all wrong. I've seen better bands than the revs, muse puts them to shame anyday of the week. What i meant by that is they really enjoy live playing and really put it all into it making it a great show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Dire band, a classic case of too much exposeure and not enough talent to back it up.

BTW to the guy who said they were part of Louis Walshs production line didn't they pen a song slagging the guy off at one point? :confused:

Advertisement