Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior cert

Options
  • 05-06-2002 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd say good luck to any lucky souls who are taking any State exams this week(eg me) English today! wasn't so tough as I thought. Got 14 pages of writing in! Good for a JC paper in my book!(no, no waffle in it either)

Btw, a recent update on my pimping situation: for the time being, neither girl is in Dublin( never mind this country) Girl A( original girl) Is in france from today until 22nd. Hotgirl™ is in irish college. I yearn for their company.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi,

yes the english paper was easy :P I fitted in 17.5 Pages and i wasn't thought anyhting all through the year. The teacher we got taught us nothing. i learned it all my self in 2 nights and im so happy with my self. like 17 pages, i was amazed! hey don't want to put you down now 14 pages was very good indeed. Most of what i said was bull**** anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

ahh memories of the leaving cert *shudder* Tis quite distressing walking into work in the morning looking at all those worried faces. A school really is the wrong place to work sometimes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

I have done a fair few exams since the LC and i have to say i found the LC the worst .. i think its because most of those exams you are not really interested in, was one hell of a long to weeks !

Anyway ...good luck to all ! before you know it 5 years will have passed since you did it :eek:

/me feeling old before my time now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Originally posted by Unregistered
    Hi,

yes the english paper was easy :P I fitted in 17.5 Pages and i wasn't thought anyhting all through the year. The teacher we got taught us nothing. i learned it all my self in 2 nights and im so happy with my self. like 17 pages, i was amazed! hey don't want to put you down now 14 pages was very good indeed. Most of what i said was bull**** anyway :D

Im doing fine thank god.I got 17.5 pages done:cool: Or 18.5 if you count the fact i wrote a page of ****e essay but stopped and wrote four pages of good stuff:) As usual the essay choices were crap and you had to improvise so as to have the subject as only a sideline of your essay but i did a great one.I did the lifes luxuries one but turned it into a thing about a homeless man who didnt actually have any:cool: Alot better than writing about how your greatful to have a bed and a tv.
    P.S-Hate the way that the max number of points are only awarded for certain things e.g I wrote 4 pages of deadly stuff on kill a mockbird but its only worth about 30 or 40 marks.Still at least ill probably get them all :cool: Whereas i didnt write more than a page on the report on spending habits.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

17 pages this 14.5 pages that

I wrote around 5 in mine and got an A, so shut ur inflated page numbering = success system

Best of luck tho; all the same :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey, yeadh Im doing the LC and did about 12 i think so, ladz its the JC dont waste so much ink! But GL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

Originally posted by pcirl.com

I wrote around 5 in mine and got an A, so shut ur inflated page numbering = success system

Best of luck tho; all the same :)

Yep its all in the quality , not the quantity, even though i was the person who posted as the unregistered up there :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by rymus
    ahh memories of the leaving cert *shudder* Tis quite distressing walking into work in the morning looking at all those worried faces. A school really is the wrong place to work sometimes :D

LOL
    I like it, frankly I'm happy,
    I had to go through it, only fair they do it to! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Jeez... the JC.. the most pointless exam of all time.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

What you on?
    it decides what your most likely going to end up doing for the rest of your life by throwing aload of exams together in a few short days.
    When your supposed to just spew out what was crammed into your head during the last 3 years and you don't actually end up thinking for yourself.

Oh, sorry wait thats the LC
    Yep the JC is a waste :)
    thankfully I've done em

• Advertisement

our junior cert is a dos!,

the superviser is sond out. he tells us the answers to the questions even if we don't ask. My friend and i left the exam early and he whispered into our ears, help ur man on the way out, he is haveing a little deficulty. He left another lad walk around the room looking into other ppls exams to copy. He reveresed the tap for us in our irish. Guys he is sond out, but don't say anything..hehehe

Wow kewel!But seriously the deparetment are the biggest load of fluck ups.On the aural Irish ordinary yesterday the supervisor noticed that one of the surnames and all the money choices on two questions are wrong:rolleyes:
    And on the front of the anwserbook paper it says something about"the bleck of the paper".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I wouldn't be too happy if someone was allowed copy my exam to be honest.

Actually I'd be quite pissed off if they tried.

well i was gone before he began to copy, but i didn't copy anyone :D

Originally posted by The Gopher
    Wow kewel!But seriously the deparetment are the biggest load of fluck ups.On the aural Irish ordinary yesterday the supervisor noticed that one of the surnames and all the money choices on two questions are wrong:rolleyes:
    And on the front of the anwserbook paper it says something about"the bleck of the paper".

extactly what happened us. thats the reason he reveresd the tap lol.

I did very well at geo/his but i thought we had way too little time.Both subjects needed at least 15 minutes more i thought.I wrote 5 pages of Geography and 9 of history,which i think should please em.One question though
    In hostory under the write about a person in whatever period,should it have been wrote in first person or a description of their lives?I wrote about a page each in first person about an ulster scots planter and a landlord[i.e i wrote as if i were that person].No1 in school seemed 100% whether it mattered.

Advertisement