Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good mice

• 30-07-2001 1:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

I bought a MS 5 button optical in pc world and it cost me 45 quid in teh sale.
    good deal like.

Cr8or

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

do they feel much different for games like?

im a robot in disguise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

The ms optical is very nice. The advantage I think it has over ball mice is that it is very precise for small movements, whereas a ball mouse seems to initially drag/jump when you just want to move a small bit, or when you want to move slower. I was playing quake3 with the ms optical, and I seemed to get used to it very quickly, I didn't even need to change my sensitivity.

The only thing I don't like is the shape. I'm sure its just a matter of getting used to it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭adeypius

the MS Intellimouse Explorer is very good but the extra buttons are not suited for left handed people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Could someone recommend one i have no real preferences, balled or laser i don't mind but i don't want to spend more than 60/70 quid.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

MS 5 button optical.
    is 35 quid in england, bout 50 here.
    very nice feel, looks like the slim MS mice, but with the extra buttons and the fact that its not a stupid ball mouse (which i still have-yuck)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I've bought and used 2 MS + 2 Logitech Optical mice.

Both work fine, however the MS mouse dies a hell of a lot quicker then any other mouse I have ever seen. In fact I had replaced the two MS mice with the Logitechs. The MS mouse just stopped working. I don't know if it was the cable or something else but for the price it is simply not worth the cash.

The logitechs are still going strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Which particular logitech models were these hobbes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

i agree Microsoft mice own for railing ppl in q3! Thats pretty much all microsoft is good for.

How appropriate you fight like a Cow!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Logitech optical mouseman Wheel.

It's a 4 button wheel (Left, right, middle wheel is also button and button by thumb).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I recently picked up a very good ball mouse for £12 quid in maplin. its cordless. it was on a half price sale. it may seem from the price to be a bit cheap, but it has 3 customisable buttons and 2 scroll wheels( one horizontal, one vertical)

If you want to get it though, you'll have to get into maplin on jervis street before the 11th August, as their sale ends then

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Advertisement