Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

V2002

• 06-06-2002 10:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Here's one for ya, got me tickets at the weekend.

WESTON PARK SATURDAY 17TH AUGUST / HYLANDS PARK SUNDAY 18TH AUGUST

V STAGE:
    Stereophonics, Primal Scream, Gomez, Starsailor, Counting Crows, Silverchair,
    Kosheen, Beverly Knight

NME STAGE:
    Basement Jaxx, Doves, SWR, Elbow, The Coral, Seafood, The Crescent, Longview

JJB ARENA:
    Groove Armada, Soft Cell, Lamb, Royksopp, Sugababes, Custom

HYLANDS PARK SATURDAY 17TH AUGUST / WESTON PARK SUNDAY 18TH AUGUST

V STAGE:
    Travis, Alanis Morissette, Nickelback, Supergrass, Elvis Costello, The
    Bluetones, Mull Historical Society, Ed Harcourt

NME STAGE:
    Chemical Brothers, Ian Brown, Beta Band, Sigor Ros, My Vitriol, Halo, Athlete,
    The Burn, Leaves

JJB ARENA:
    Badly Drawn Boy, Turin Brakes, Stereo MC's, McAlmont & Butler, Gemma Hayes,
    Damien Rice, Original Bedroom Rockers

STRONGBOW GOLDEN DANCE ARENA:
    Weston Park Saturday 17th August
    David Holmes, UNKLE Sounds Decks 'n' Effects, DJ Touche, Medicine, Pete Bromley,
    James Camm

Hylands Park Saturday 17th August
    Stanton Warriors, Adam Freeland, Plump DJ's, Ali B, Dean Wilson

Weston Park Sunday 18th August
    Plump DJ's, The Freestylers, Tayo, Pete Bromley, Dean Wilson

Hylands Park Sunday 18th August
    David Holmes, UNKLE Sounds Decks 'n' Effects, DJ Touche, Medicine, Complete
    Communion

FOR FURTHER DETAILS VISIT THE OFFICIAL V FESTIVAL WEB SITE www.vfestival.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

V festivals have remarkably nice toilets even on the last day, was there in 99 and 2000, unfortunately everything is expensive as **** and the security are ****. 2000 was good tho, death in vegas, the flaming lips, underworld and leftfield in the jjb arena over the 2 days mmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Damn thats cool. Another festival I wouldn't mind going to see. Wish I could get time off for it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

Recovering today after the V2002 weekend. What a festival it was amazing. Has to be the best organised event I have ever been at!!

Got there on Saturday and went to Supergrass first who were class as usual from there headed over to the JJB arena Tent (this is the one fault with this festival is why do they have a closed tent? I mean in Ireland and Australia they have open tents, anyway) which was packed and on the hottest day of the year was absolutely roasting!! But the Stereo Mc's were cool. The Beta Band Next bizarre as always! Turin Brakes back at the tent they were doing an acoustic set which was the highlight of the weekend for me. Finished the evening off by dancing like a stoned, drunk madman to the Chemical Brothers. And managed to get home on the last tube!!

Sunday myself and the g'friend dragged ourselves out of bed and headed down to the festival in the afternoon. Counting Crows first who were ok but I just sat getting stoned at the back. Gomez had the place bouncing. Idlewild next who were dull as fu(k, starsailor?? Primal Scream and some of Doves and the weekend was finished off watching Stereophonics who were a bit lame!!

Well an excellent weekend and I will be there next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

Originally posted by daveirl
    you skipped the manics - Are you mental?
    the G'friend hates and I wasn't too bothered as I have seen em 2wice before.

Advertisement