Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

youTV

• 06-06-2002 11:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

I noticed yesterday that there is a new channel on the epg (Ch 229): youTV
    has that always been there?
    i can understand why i may have overlooked it before, the cr@p that was on it yesterday

What do UTV think of youTV?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭CHRISTYG

I never saw the original YouTV (Thank God!) but I can tell you that if it was any worse than this garbage, then it truly deserved to be called "the worst TV channel ever" (as I heard it described more than once)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by dmeehan
    I noticed yesterday that there is a new channel on the epg (Ch 229): youTV
    has that always been there?
    i can understand why i may have overlooked it before, the cr@p that was on it yesterday

What do UTV think of youTV?

The channel only launched yesterday. I was also wondering what UTV think of the name. Would there be legal procedings? Or would youTV not have been trademarked/copyrighted by UTV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭CHRISTYG

I don't think that UTV could sue, even if they cared, because youTV closed down last year (I think!) and this crap channel (and having seen it, I can now confirm my initial opinion!) only came on this week. So there's no way that I can see UTV suing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i had a look today and i really picked my moment to switch on. there was a guy with what must have been a grey carpet being used as a wig :p:p . that Shop America person is on all the time too. how did it get into the entertainment section of the EPG ????. i noticed too that there is a gap of 6 spaces between You TV and Game Network. what channel will be gracing 226 on our EPG?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭marclt

I doubt Irish viewers will get anything on 226... this channel is used for ITV2 in the UK.

Interesting to see that youTV carries S4C Teletext (SBECTEL) on page 300.

Using S4C~2's space I guess!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by marclt
    I doubt Irish viewers will get anything on 226... this channel is used for ITV2 in the UK

oh yeah, i forgot about that. maybe Channel 4 or UTV will get it if they ever launch

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by Mossy Monk

oh yeah, i forgot about that. maybe Channel 4 or UTV will get it if they ever launch

Yeah, that's what I was thinking! Hope we're right!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭David C

As mentioned on Digitalspy,
    Kevin Trudeau, the happy man from Shop America and most of these lovely youTV shows is a convicted fraudster in the states:

http://www.ftc.gov/os/1998/9806/9423278m.cmp.htm
    http://www.mlmsurvivor.com/ftc_trudeaulinks.htm

Wonder how long more he will be able to get away with his Mega Memory marathons on this side of the ocean!

i hope he breaks a rule and is shut down because more and more channels are showing his promos for mega-memory and his great plan to make everyone have a better golf swing

Advertisement