Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

G'Wan the Saudi's

• 06-06-2002 12:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭

Totally different saudi team this morning..

YOu have to wonder how they were so crap before and so good now, a brown paper bag or two maybe :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

If we can beat them 2-0 we're guaranteed to go through regardless of what happens in the other game.
    The only thing is we can't top the group now, so it'll be definitely be Spain in the Last 16.

You'll never beat the irish!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

:D We can still top the group with a 9-0 win on Tuesday!!! If Cameroon and Germany draw!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

I like the cut of your jib dougal....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Yup 2-0 and we tur be a very interesting Germany game if we actually get 2-0 up at half time
    At last its in our own hands umm well actually is that a good thing?
    Kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Our hope of topping the group went when Cameroon won today. Our hopes of qualifying stayed alive when they only won by one.

Basically, if Cameroon lost or drew today AND beat Germany, and we beat the Saudi's, we'd have topped the group.

As it stands we're looking at second place... and yeah... Spain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

I'll take Spain. They looked ok against Slovenia on Sunday but nothing spectacular. There's only two teams that could comprehensively beat Ireland in this tournement and they are Argentina and Italy. So as long as we don't meet them there's no telling how far we can go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

what the hell is all this talk of 'defintly spain'?
    jesus, hasnt anyone learned not to take anything for granted? a week ago we were 'definetly' going to get tanked by cameroon without keane, france were 'absolutly' going to make the final and portugal would have 'no trouble dispensing' with the US.

Spain will probably top thier group, but dont go counting chickens. We might not even beat saudi ffs (we bloody better, if we dont we could have no complaints about not progressing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think the Saudis might just break Irish hearts next Tuesday...

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

My predictions for how things will pan out are: Germany to beat Camaroon and us to go through with a 2-1 win over Saudi.

I dont see Cam & Ger drawing for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by Dustaz
    what the hell is all this talk of 'defintly spain'?
    jesus, hasnt anyone learned not to take anything for granted? a week ago we were 'definetly' going to get tanked by cameroon without keane, france were 'absolutly' going to make the final and portugal would have 'no trouble dispensing' with the US.

Well said Dustaz!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement