Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing a desktop tower in a plane...

• 02-08-2001 4:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭

Lo, i know its a tad late to ask now, but has anyone done this before? Im going to the uk this evening, and im bringing my tower - but not monitor - over with me. Anyone got some (practical) ideas on how stop it from breaking into 9999999999 differencet pieces before i get it off the luggage rack in stansted? redface.gif/

Cheers

Moriarty
    mrmoriarty@eircom.net

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

I've done it before, bring it on as carry-on baggage.(Unless its huge of course)You can store it in the overhead bin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

They allow you to bring a tower on as carry on luggage? nice one smile.gif

Moriarty
    mrmoriarty@eircom.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

Yep, last time I travelled I brought Two laptops and a box of Cat 5 cable!!

Just stick it in a bag. If they say anything tell them its sensitive computer equipment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Maybe it wont be in loads of pieces when i arrive after all smile.gif YaY etc smile.gif

Moriarty
    mrmoriarty@eircom.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,461 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Phone the airline, just in case they insist it goes cargo. Make sure it is insured (airline insurance payouts are miserable)

If it goes cargo, package it in the original box (or similar). But make sure the box is sealed against water / cold (could cause condensation in the machine). make sure the machine acclimatizes when you are setting it up again (i.e. leave it warm up).

Kill, kill, kill the laser mice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement