Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why am I looking at empty seats?!? And who's mobile is that?!?

Options
  • 06-06-2002 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

Turned on my TV this morning to see the new Daíl in action. As I recall, every seat in the Daíl is represented by a TD, no? So why, in the name of God, are there so many empty seats? Are we or are we not paying them E100,000 to be there? Did we, or did we not vote them in to represent us? Surely, they could have been there for the first day at least?!!! It is a disgrace. And then, in the middle of the Taoiseach's address, a phone rings? A PHONE RINGS!??? What is going on in Daíl Eireann? And now I am told the the Green Party stayed outside as a form of protest? Who voted in these muppets? The whole reason for being in the Daíl is TO PROTEST or to raise issues that are relevant. Time for them to get real.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by ScottB
    And now I am told the the Green Party stayed outside as a form of protest?
    Eh, I saw at least one of them speaking in the chamber.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

No, the Greens sat in the Government front bench seats for a time, while they protested that they dont have the same speaking rights as the other parties in the chamber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

Far play to the Greens...
    If they aren't aloud speck.... Speck anyway :)

I just hope that McDowell doesn't send in the Gardi's as our green heads still hurt from the last brusing. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

isnt there a law that the dail has to sit for at least 1 day a year?

i think we have too many ministers for our small population, and what is the senate for?

Advertisement