Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drummer needed

Options
  • 06-06-2002 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

If anyone (drummer) wan'ts to to start a band with 2 people allready in it (guitar, vocals) Please post a reply. age wanted around about 12-15. We want to start as a metal punk, or alternate rock.thank you:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ed1234

WHERE DO YOU LIVE.i HAVE BEEN PLAYING FOR ABOUT 3 MOUNTHS .IM NOT TO GOOD BUT IMPROVING.WHAT SORT IF MUSIC DO YOU WANT TO PLAY.i LIKE GUNS N ROSES,LED ZEP.AND THE LIKES.ARE YOU BOTH GOOD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Jaicster

Are hard to find, as its useuly rich ppl that are drummers as most ppl coundn't afford the gear due to its price and that, up to a grand for a basic kit and so on.

I'm also currently seeking a metal bread drummer but its hard to find em, (i think drummers should wear name tags)

PS where do drummers hang around

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by Jaicster
    Are hard to find, as its useuly rich ppl that are drummers as most ppl coundn't afford the gear due to its price and that, up to a grand for a basic kit and so on.

Ha ha.... "rich people" ... are you insane? I'm a drummer, and I most definitely am not rich!! You're right though, equipment is very expensive, but most manage it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 skitso

Rich people can play drums they just by them cause they expensive but they are to shy and afraid to use a kit to its full.Im a drummer not very good and looking 4 lessons but im far from rich and as Dr. Loon said we have to manage the Prices.Dr loon how long have you been playing for and what type of music do you play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

i know 4 drummers =====my brother, my mate, my brothers mate and my cousin.(but saying taht most of them only started playing drums after years of playing guitar, so you dont have to be rich to play, just be willing to learn).

So they cant be that hard to comeby. Look in the back of hotpress i think they have a section in there for musicians looking to form a band.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by skitso
    Rich people can play drums they just by them cause they expensive but they are to shy and afraid to use a kit to its full.Im a drummer not very good and looking 4 lessons but im far from rich and as Dr. Loon said we have to manage the Prices.Dr loon how long have you been playing for and what type of music do you play.

Sorry about the late reply, I haven't been on this board in a while. I've been playing for 8 years now, and I play all styles. I'm self taught, and I've given lessons before, but I don't think I have the patience or time right now, 'cos I'm trying to get up and running in a new band. Go check out www.thejiveprinciple.com and you can download some of the tunes from my old band, we're split now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Most Drummers that have great kits are rubbish drumers, I've seen so many people who have just started playing drums, learning Oasis or something, and have 4 grand kits. My drummer got his kit free, and slowly adds to it, and he is one of the best drummers I know.

I don't think a kit has anything to do with it really. If you have the money, you have the money full stop.
    Although I started learning on a piece of absolute shíte. The cymbals fell over all the time, bass drum pedal always broke, and the snare sounded like I was hitting a dog :)

I now have a pretty shít Sonor kit, but I thought it looked good. I'm not an equipment freak, but I realise now I shuold never have spent £750 on the piece of crap. Still, with the right tuning anythin can sound reasonable. It's cymbals that are most important. If you have a crap cymbal you won't change the sound, so always spend good money on cymbals.

I'm gonna stop now seeing as nobody actually asked for this info. :D

Advertisement