Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish aural

Options
  • 06-06-2002 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭

Any one of any joy on that?

couldnt make out a word that they were saying. :(

all in all been a pretty bad day for me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭sc317

Yeah same here fecking crap, it may as well have been the wrong tape for all I could understand! It really pissed me off because paper 1 had been so easy and I was all on course for an A. Pass level btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

I thought it was a little bit fast, no real time to think while it was playing and remember the answers.

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I dunno, it seemed alright to me but I couldn't really care less about irish, I finished paper 1 within 50 minutes, I was first out, even before the foundation people :)..... damn nuisance the way they had the aural on at the end, I could've gone home if it wasn't for that, instead I had to hang around town for 2 hours and go back to school.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Is it just me or does Donegal Irish sound like some other language? I can't make anything out of it. :( Ah well, tis over now :) i think i missed 6 q's out of the lot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

They didn't give enough time to write down the answers and read the questions. We did last years in class a few weeks ago and it was a doddle compared to todays. Its over now anyway and im never going to have to do another dam irish tape in my life ... im in heaven already ........ :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

same as mills i finished at 2:15 and had to wait for it but i just took a footbll and played soccer with the foundation guys

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BTBB

Although there was a good bit of time between the Cuids there was very little time between the sections. You really needed to read the questions ahead of time but you should have realised that after Cuid A.

The Aural was doable but that last one didn't make too much sense to me.

Paper 1 was handy.

Brú - one word story, can you ask for more.

Theatre comprehsion okay but the Douglas Hyde question shouldn't have been there as History is paper 2.

The comprehension on the North was a bit harder, some of the answers were difficult to find.

Ordinary level got Sept 11.

BTBB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

Sweet and easy it is to be doing ordinary level.
    Paper 1:
    Giota leanunach: Scannain
    Woffle about films for a page.
    Sceal:this was fantastic! "The night is dark. It's 12.30. Una's not home yet......"
    Comprehensions (Fionnuala Flanagan, Sept. 11)-a joke.
    Paper 2:
    Clann lir/lasair choille
    I got what I wanted.
    Poetry: Treall/faoilean
    The only 2 I bothered learning and they came up:D
    Was honours as evil as I heard it was? My friend left, in tears, at the same time as me today. She's doing honours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Yeh i think the tape was Crap. It was well muffled and too fast. I did grand on paper 1 and **** on paper 2 my Oral went well tho.

Ry

Advertisement