Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rip Off

• 28-07-2001 5:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭

hi2u from Florida biggrin.gif

Howz it going lads? Well anyway yesterday I bought an IntelliMouse in Wal-Mart. Same kewl mice that they have in DNC. Except this cost $20 Bucks. Yes-$20 bucks. I remeber someone saying that in Ireland they cost above or around 50 quid.

PC games are considerably cheapier too. GFX-while they do cost a bit($100 bucks for some Radeon thing) they look cheapier then Irish stuff. So my point here is-we r really getting ripped off in Ireland. Gaming equipment is so cheap here. Why is this?

Mr.Mod can close thread if he thinks this is totally irrelevent biggrin.gif

ps 2 webcams for $50 bucks,anyone want anything?

"Hey, **** this for a game of Cowboys and Indians, I'm gonna play Counter-chess" Said Aug.
    "Why?" said Kicker. "No lag :D".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

You must be having a great time ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

So must you.Seems your back to your usual spammy, pointless posts.Back in your box, like a good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Should you not be on the streets campaigning for some crappy mod?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Loomer

hehe - it doesn't get any better than this

Eek - Here come the Spam Police

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

/me takes out handbag.

Shouldn't you be annoying everyone with your dazzling lack of wit and general 'I'm a twat' attitude? And posting useless shíte? And making everyone wish you'd renew your vow of silence?

Oh, you are.

While I'm here, Augie pick me up a cheapish webcam, not one that will fall apart the first time I try probing my inner regions with it.Good..but cheap...I'll give you the cash when you come back with it.

www.firearmsmod.com

www.dayofdefeatmod.com

[This message has been edited by bugler (edited 28-07-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

PC games are fine. Console games are, however, region protected.

This thread doesn't belong in the Counter-Strike forum and has been moved to technology, which seems most relevant since it's a discussion of comparative hardware prices. When it's not bugler being a mong that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

There are two kinds of Intellimouse. Ball and optical. The optical kind costs $50. I would guess you bought the ball one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,461 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Does this Region 1 / Region 2 (you generally can't watch an American video / DVD / whatever in Europe) business apply to games CDs?

Kill, kill, kill the laser mice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

no, games are fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

No-its a Laser mouse alright. Only cost $20 USDs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

I think that this is a really good question. Are prices so much higher over here? It looks like they are. If that's true, why is no one (that I know of anyhow) making a killing sourcing parts in the US and selling them on?

Does anyone have a good explaination?

K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

For starters America has a population of over 250 million people that is one big customer base also it means they have more competion not to mention a good few parts are actualy made in the USA and can be shipped cheaply.We looked into sourcing parts from the USA but shipping(overseas)time delays and import taxes means it would work out even more expencive than to source from the UK that said the punt is running at about 75p to the pound at the moment and shipping from the UK is considered international therefor bloody expencive.In fairness there are a few companys here in ireland that are trying to bring the prices into the realms of reality (forget pc world or compu store)But it is hard going unfortunately until the uk joins the euro and shipping costs drop things will always be allitle more expencive here.

Stone biggrin.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I think you can order PC parts on the net-looks a bit cheapier and all. I have bought 3 of these things for folks back home(Ox-you owe me sexual favours biggrin.gif)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Stomemaison,
    I think its highly unlikely that we import all our hardware from the U.S
    Half the stuff is built in Europe, the reason it costs more though is becouse it isnt mass produced like in the states..
    Also everything in Ireland is overpriced, becouse we are only a recent country to enter the *ahem* 1st world, as in superior development /Developed...ok I'll stop before I confuse you...
    there will never be prices in Ireland the same as the U.S, and with the Way ppl forcast the way the economey will be in 15-25yrs then such a thing like an optical mouse couldnt be bought with irish money...what i mean by is if we went in resession the value of the Punt would be so low that everyone in the country would suffer, rich and poor alike...
    Now I've confused myself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Ahem.

Doodee, in 15-25 years we won't *have* the Punt... we won't have it by the middle of next year. The Euro will have replaced it.

Go talk to an economist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

you wont even have it in 6 months time smile.gif

Advertisement