Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

can i get insured on carole nash?

Options
  • 06-06-2002 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭

hi i currently have an rs125 and due to its group 7 placing i am gettin rid of it,coz its a bit slow for this much insurance
    i am gonna get an aprilia rs250 which is group 10 with aon/hibernian
    by the time i will have a full licence and 1 years no claims
    i will be 22 with a country address
    will carole nash insure me on this?
    any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I doubt it. As far as I know they're mostly over 25's only.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

it would be a good trick if you could get insured with them seeing as they went under some time ago... Dont think theyve returned or maybe I'm just not in touch...

Nash are 25+ so thats another reason you wont get insured by them

ure replacing a group 7 bike with a group 10 bike? well great yeh for the extra 100cc's but you'll have to send an organ to aon every year to cover your premium. These sport bikes are highly overated anyway, u could get a 650cc cruiser in a lower insurance group (6 for example).

But maybe cruisers arent your thing... lower insurance & greater comfort isint for everyone :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭batman_oh

nope they are definitelt back after liquidation i think
    my mate is 21 and hes insured on an fzr250, but he had 2 years no claims and got it before their problems when they were takin more people on
    the rs250 is somethin unique
    they are rare in ireland and are fatser than 400's
    with the correct work they can run 600's quite close
    i want the unusual, plus they look great!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Eye

okay...yes carole nash are still around, their old underwriters in england went bust, but now they are back running, as for only 25....not true about a year and a half ago they were only 25+ then they dropped to 24, 23 and now while they say they don't insure anyone under 23, they while do a case by case check for people from 21 up, if they look at all the details on your case and they think your not too much of a risk then chances are they will give you a shot, full licence and membership of a bike club are a big advantage but not essential, i will be changing from hibernian in about 2 weeks time over to carole nash, only 21 on a group 6 dragstar 650, difference of almost 400 euros in the quotes i got :)

Originally posted by Eye
    ...only 21 on a group 6 dragstar 650, difference of almost 400 euros in the quotes i got :)

WOW! I'll have to give them a buzz before my insurance is up in august. I've the same bike as you Eye, same age too. Recently got my full licence too so thats a handy addition :D I'm just gonna presume theyre still in the golden pages?!?

• Advertisement

well if they are not the number is 1800 298550

would be interested to see what kind of quote they give you with a full licence, must try and go for my one now this summer if i can.

carole nash quoted me 1400 euros, best quote i got from hibernian was 1770 euros i think, but then at first they were trying to get me to cough up 2100 until i told em to f off they dropped to 1770 but carole nash gave me a first quote of 1400 so i did'nt have to look any further :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Well i know a fella that got insured with that crowd last year , and 3 weeks later they went under , they didnt even have the courtesy to tell him he was no longer insured , he had to go and insure the same bike with a different insurance crowd , I was so annoyed because it was his first bike and well he had spent all the money on that in the first place , as a result i just could`nt recommend or have any confidence in them .

yea they screwed over a whole load of people when they went pear shaped the last time. Taking a minute to think about it logically I reckon I'll just stay with Aon. They might not be as cheap but at least they arent going to go tits up

I would`nt blame you rymus , ok fair enough companies go belly up and whatever , but they were taking premiums up to a week before they went under , and at this stage they must have known they were going down , they kept on screwing peope over right up to the last minute , so i think you are very wise to steer clear of them .

well thats all well and good rymus for you sticking with AON, but to my knowledge you can only get insured through AON if your buying a bike from a dealer who supports AON insurance, most bike shops down around here in the south east don't deal with AON and so we have no choice but hibernian or if over 21 maybe carole nash, personally i'd rather fork out 400 euros less for my insurance with carole nash and their new underwriters than to stay with the thieving whores in hibernian.

By the by, if i am indeed wrong about geting AON insurance only through a dealer, has anyone else gotten insured by them, and what sorta prices when compared to the others???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you have trouble getting a reasonable quote, and aren't eligible for AON or Carol Nash, there's a brokers in Ranelagh who do it comparable to AON. They're called Victor O'Rourke Insurances, and while they still insure through hibernian, (and are slightly dearer than AON), they do it a little cheaper than hibernian because they're brokers. I've had to go to them until next year, when I turn 21 :)

i agree with eye , i am getting screwed over by hibernian , and i dont want to go with carole nash so does any body know where i could get reasonable insurance , either in Waterford or Clonmel preferably ? I am only 19 which makes it harder but any suggestions are welcome , because my insurance is up soon so im going about getting a few quotes .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You're stuck with Hibernian. Too young for Carole Nash. You could try various brokers but they'd all be getting your Hibernian policies.

Oldyellar i'm afraid your are indeed stuck with hibernian coz i don't know of anyone getting insured throw AON on a bike they already own, i've talked to a few m8's at work and only suggestion is to try various brokers....i was told of one in waterford can't think of the bloody name now, but i will get it for you in work either monday or tuesday if i see the guy that told me, apparently they were cheaper for him on his 125cc Marauder than hibernian even though in the end they all end up going through hibernian....try figure that one out ;)

anyways, just try ringing around to get the best quote you can and i'll let you know sometime next week about that place in waterford

hey eye thatd be great thanks , because i am fairly strapped for cash at the minute . i am actually insured with them through o sullivans brokers in clonmel , but i`ve had a lot of hassle with premiums and stuff and if i could get it cheaper somewhere else , i would`nt think twice about changing .

Advertisement