Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scanner Problem

• 02-08-2001 8:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

I'm using a hewlett packard 5100C scanner and it wont work!...well whats happening is i click on the software to start scanning and i get a msg telling me that another program is using my scanner so i cannot access it.

first thing i done was pressed Ctrl+Alt+Del and quit all programs but the msg kept appearing, then i reloaded the scanning software and still no joy, while my printer runs thru the scanner and it works fine i really need to use the scanner before the morning so if you have any ideas please reply quickly or i'll just format the whole puter and start again because im fu<ked if i know what could be wrong

Farls

btw i tried restarting a million times also tried cold starting and turning off all programs for startup.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

Does the scanner work if the printer is not running through it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

yip, printer disconnected and it still wont work....****ing me off i'll *try* and run it off the laptop in the morning after that its format time because i have no access to a photocopier.

Farls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

so the scanner has never worked?
    is it parallel or usb?
    have you downloaded the drivers from the network or are you using the ones that came with it?
    how old is it?
    is it second hand?
    what OS are you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Scanner has worked up until now
    parallel
    using the drivers that came with it
    1.5 years old
    bought it brand spanking new
    Windows 98.

It still wont work on my pc but i got the job i needed done thru my laptop earlier thx anyways i'd still like to know why it a'int working on the pc tho..ie. what program is accessing it

Farls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

re read post seems what i said has allready been don
    what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

[This message has been edited by elexes (edited 03-08-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

what type of settings in your bios for the parallel port?
    epp, ecp, bi-direction etc.
    that could be your problem if the scanner is working, and the driver is working.
    fiddle around with them. i know they made a huge difference on cannon bubblejets, not so much on others, but it *might* be the problem..

Advertisement