Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probably in the wrong area but...

• 07-06-2002 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

with a Speakeasy phone (o2), can you simply upgrade it by purchasing a new phone and slapping the card into the new one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

...have seen it done a few times, should be no problem.

Remember that the credit that comes with them these days is already credited to the SIM (as the credit doesn't expire on O2 any more) instead of in the form of a top-up card so you may want to use that up by sticking the new SIM into the phone every now and again...

Gadget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

You can ring budget telecom with your new sim. Its a 1550 number ( £1.50 a minute, not sure aabout euro charge) Anyway budget telecom will take your money and put it an account for you and you can then ring from your old number and use the credit that way.

I realise that this must sound very confusing the way I've explained it! But take a look at their site. They do a much better job!

http://www.budgettelecom.ie/home.asp?m=2&sm=4

Budget telecom are fantastic by the way! You should use them from your house phone and everything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

If its another speakeasy of O2/Digifone phone you get then yes its no problem... dont buy a meteor phone and probably not a Vodaphone or you will probably have to get a data cable and unlock it. Though saying that i recently bought a Vodaphone 3310 with €60 credit.. when the time limit was up i was not going to top up... i would simply put in my speakeasy sim which does not expire every month or so... Anyway i got the cables etc only to find out i did not need them.. was not sim blocked... cool... so when the time ran out i stuck back in my speakeasy sim and thats what i use... still h ad €50 left on the Vodaphone sim which i gave to m y sister who WILL use it.

Advertisement