Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mirc :you have a dcc file pending...

• 04-08-2001 1:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,462 ✭✭✭✭

Using Mirc 5.82 and frequently get this message.
    Where can i find my dcc list? and secondly, on dcc's that are resumable, how to i resume?!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Red Moose

I know that the default incoming directory is in a subdirectory of the mIRC installation one.

That said, you get this message when you are expecting a file right? You said "frequently" and it sounds like those are files trying to be sent to you which are not requested......or maybe I read it wrongly.

The DCC information (to set options) are in one of the menus at the top, or else in the general preferences (with the menu at the side to select which section of preferences you want).

I'm being vague I know. Also, you do know that they are only resumable if it's the same client and file size and file name? OK, maybe I read this message all wrong (like you don't know what it is) so I'll stop now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,462 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Point taken Red Moose, should have been more specific..

1) Dialup : which means frequent disconnects(every two hours), cannot change that

2) The location , ie client (?) and file should be identical

Ideally , what i'm looking for a morpheus type client for irc, ie one that shows me my download/dcc list, and allows me to , resume, preferably automatically, and also alows me to edit the download list.
    Such a thing exist?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I'm not sure if I'm answering the write question either.. but:

the files being dcc'ed go to c:\mirc\download
    by default.
    I don't think you can see a list of files tat can be resumed, but if you open that folder you'll know yourself what you didn't finish.

to resume files, get the guy to dcc you the file again (same file you started before) and it will prompt you to Rename, Overwrite or Resume, and choosing resume will pick up where you left off before you disconnected.

soz if this wasn't what u wanted to know

Advertisement