Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another little Victory :)

Options
  • 07-06-2002 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

Ater posting my results of sending a mail to the advertising standards and received the reply below (regading the definition of (FLAT RATE)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=482451#post482451
    Which basicaly said eircom can advertise whatever!? they like on there own site and can only be persued if it was a thirdparty that was getting paid for the advert of Flat Rate :(

I Persued it futher pointing out that there are banners appearing all over the net from eircom advertising the same bull and i presume on a pay per click basis.. :o

I received a reply today from the advertising agancey saying that since i have pointed out that these adverts are appearing elsewhere they will now persue the matter further with the advertisers.. :D

NOW? does that mean eircom or the people hosting..?
    if it is the people hosting it still does not hold eircom accountable..
    if i get any further info i will let you all know :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by BoneCollector
    ... they will now persue the matter further with the advertisers.. :D

NOW? does that mean eircom or the people hosting..?
    if it is the people hosting it still does not hold eircom accountable..
    if i get any further info i will let you all know :)

I would assume that would mean Eircom - they are the "advertisers" after all.

Nice one btw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Great stuff, BoneCollector. We'll beat Eircom yet!

Here's a little message for anyone from Eircom who may be reading this: WE ARE COMING TO GET YOU! BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID! :p

I can just imagine the meeting in the Eircom boardroom: "This Ireland Offline shower are ripping us to shreds. What do they want to get them off our backs?" "Flat rate internet and cheaper broadband it seems, sir." "Okay, okay, give it to them. Anything to get them to stop this."

Hey, a guy can dream, can't he? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Eircom are also advertising i-stream as flat-rate on the radio.

Glenn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

Which? radio stations??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

Madly enough just as i exited your topic i spotted that very ad right here on theioffl board, top right hand side. Its a flash animation so i couldn't get a url to the file.

Also when you clicked it, your directed to the istream page where it has down the right hand side the info about a download allowance so its not really false advertising then is it? I dunno 0_o

Screen shot:

http://www.boards.ie/members/vacilator/um.jpg

Its not doctored before you ask ;p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

Also when you clicked it, your directed to the istream page where it has down the right hand side the info about a download allowance so its not really false advertising then is it? I dunno 0_o

The argument that shows it as false advertising and the answer to your question is here... :)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=480483#post480483
    (also your screenshot you will notice is says "24 hrs flat monthly fee") meaning 24/7 for a single fee.
    Just because eircoms interpetiation of this statement is not everyone else`s entertpretation does not justify telling you in small writing that to use it 24/7 will incurre extra charges, which makes the banner "24 hrs flat monthly fee" FALSE :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

Originally posted by VacilatoR
    Madly enough just as i exited your topic i spotted that very ad right here on theioffl board, top right hand side. Its a flash animation so i couldn't get a url to the file.

Are you talking about this?
    http://ad.ie.doubleclick.net/476442/eircom_istream_residental_may2002_468x60.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Originally posted by BoneCollector
    Which? radio stations??

2FM, IIRC. See my post in the other 'little victory' thread.

Glenn

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Hannibal_12

Originally posted by aidan_dunne
    Great stuff, BoneCollector. We'll beat Eircom yet!

Here's a little message for anyone from Eircom who may be reading this: WE ARE COMING TO GET YOU! BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID! :p

I can just imagine the meeting in the Eircom boardroom: "This Ireland Offline shower are ripping us to shreds. What do they want to get them off our backs?" "Flat rate internet and cheaper broadband it seems, sir." "Okay, okay, give it to them. Anything to get them to stop this."

Hey, a guy can dream, can't he? ;)

More like:
    Ha,Ha,Ha, Looks like those pissants are trying to get to us again.
    Who?
    Irelandoffline
    Who?(with sarcasm)
    Rapturous laughter from all the suits present,
    Now pass me that cuban cigar and break out the Don Perignon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

obviously you are not aware of the costs associated with changing elements of an advertising campaign in mid flight hannibal.
    While piddling compared to their overall turnover, they are costs nonetheless.

• Advertisement
Advertisement