Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opera problem, or not???

• 07-06-2002 7:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭

Since I came home this evening, Opera wont let me do anything on boards. Every time I visit a new page, I'm logged out again.

If I try posting a topic, I need to log in to get the post screen, and then when I try posting it asks me to log in again, and then gives me an error :
    No forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster

Have you guys been mucking with the code perchance? It worked fine last night, and all I did was shutdown last night and boot today.

IE 6.0, incidentally, appears to be behaving alright.....which is how I'm posting this.

Any other Opera (V6.03 for Winblows) users having this problem? Of course - if you are, and you dont have another browser handy, you wont be able to tell me!

jc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Everything looks fine for me. I'm using 6.03 on Windows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

And now it works for me too - without me changing anything.....

Hell thats weird.

jc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I've opera 6.01, win2k SP2
    Haven't had any probs.
    Cept the drop down menu isn't alwasy displayed, generally when I go to post a reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Did you have cookies disabled by any chance?

Yeah it looks like cookies must have been disabled either by you (and you forgot) or by some bug. I just tried to edit this post with cookies disabled and the exact same thing happened to me as you described above.

I'm using Opera 6.01 by the way. You can disable and enable cookies by going "File" > "Quick Preferences" > and ticking "Enable Cookies" on or off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by bonkey
    And now it works for me too - without me changing anything.....
    It's possible you didn't log out the previous time and when you logged out this time the cookies were sorted out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Does anyone else ntocie any laggin in Opera under Win2k wile brosingboards (or any website for that metter)?
    It's only started happening alteley, but it's damn annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Yeah when i used to use opera i always found it to be very slow with boards taking ages to load while in ie it was fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Opera was acting slowly for me when browseing the boards, took a few seconds to even start loading the page. It seemed to start when the front page layout was changed or either when the add started appearing, but I upgraded to Opera 6.03 and the delay just disappeared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Strange bonkey, i have 6.02 ,myself.. yes i know it has security issues but i dont care.. there is nothing on this pc.. stupid roaming profile sees to that.

Maybe the cloud card was played?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Opera failing to handle a website properly, wow, whatever next eh!

(Bloody awful little browser, that. Use IE or Mozilla, make life easier for the world. I've got a site launching today which works PERFECTLY in both IE and Mozilla, checked the thing in Opera last night and nothing works - it's actually unreadable. Now, the fact that it works in Moz means it's a standards-compliant site, which to my mind suggests that Opera doesn't even work with all recent web standards. Speechlessly lame. Why do you guys use it, out of interest?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I ONLY use it in work... i do actually like IE! In work though the roaming profile will not let us have flash installed so any flash website (that includes boards now with the ad) crashes all IE windows. However i decided to try Opera one day and see if i could install flash on that.. even better i discovered it came with flash 6 preinstalled... nice one.. now pretty much everyone here in work can look at a website that has flash on it. Damn the IT dept and their stupid policy, i reckon they just dont know how to install flash with the roaming profile system... bunch of muppets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Shinji. If the site you are talking about is www.gamesindustry.biz then I went there to see what you meant by unreadable. Yeah the text was tiny, I couldn't read it at all. Sometimes Opera can be a real pain in the arse when it comes to complicated layouts.

Anyway this can be fixed by changing the minimum font size from 6 pixels (why??) to something like 12. works grand now. And a lovely looking site it is :).

I use Opera because it has some cool little features that are pretty easy to use but there is no way I would pick it as my only browser. I always have IE as a backup if Opera can't handle something.

Advertisement