Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

buying/leasing a car

Options
  • 07-06-2002 7:43pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭

question please:

can someone tell me what the process is and what I will need to buy a car , I will most likey need a loan (car payment) and I am not sure that I will be able to get one with the way my credit looks. How hard is it to get a car?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

Not sure exactly what you are looking for, but basically, if you are getting finance from the dealer, you need a deposit (usually at least 10& of the value of the car, but it varies), then they go through all the various details for applying for credit. You normally get a decision on the next working day (some only take an hour or so).

Alternatively, you can get a car loan from any bank. Once you have a regular income (you may need proof from your employer etc.), it's generally easy enough to get a loan. It's worth shopping around and considering all the options for financing your car, APR does vary a lot.

I don't know what your credit history is, but I got my first car when I was 21 without ever having a history in the first place. Good luck!

Advertisement