Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FTA Card

• 07-06-2002 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

looking for bbc/itv fta card, with or without system/dish. good money paid. been to ebay/yahoo, ****e most won't post to éire, and are most probably unactivated.

any info appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭irishgeo

if its activated its no good to you as it will only work on the box its activated on.

Its married to the box and will only work on that box.Trying emailing the sellers to see if they will post to ireland or if you have any cousins in england get them one to get one.

(currently waiting for my card, its a long time coming i am getting worried about it)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I would love to get my hands on an unactivated card. I currently have a kindly donated FTV card that was already activated which will give me access to ITV, C4 and C5. None of the Beebs except most radio stations and Parliament.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

Good luck in your quests for FTV cards lads.
    They are worth the wait.

byte

Originally posted by carrolls
    Good luck in your quests for FTV cards lads.
    They are worth the wait.

I'm not on much of a quest. I just cant get my hands on one and have yet to make a transaction on eBay (not too well up on online shopping :) ). I will just hope that your theory on UTV and C4 in mid-July comes true! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭sayireland

I got a FTA card (not an ex-sub card) from ebay and had everything working for a week or so when all the BBC channels disappeared suddenly.

It appears that the seller had some problems with one buyer who then decided to call Sky and complain which resulted in all of the cards getting switched off.

There is really nothing that can be done in a situation like this so my advice is to beg if you have to but get the card from someone that you know and have some kind of confidence in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭daveharlowe

Hi Sayireland,

I am about to deal with someone who sells unactivated bbc cards on ebay....could you tell me the person's email address so that I can see if it's the person I am about to deal with?

regards,
    Dave
    daveharlowe@hotmail.com

byte

What would you expect to pay for an unactivated FTV card on eBay? The first and last ones I bidded for went from about £5 to £35 which was bit steep.

Do what I did, and start a thread on 'Digital Spy forums' asking for an FTV card.
    I managed to get 5 cards from the 4 main regions this way.
    There are alway going to be decent people wanting to help.
    This way, you are guaranteed they will work after activation.
    By the way I've given 3 of my cards away and held on to my London and NI cards, so I've none available at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

Carrols is right, theres lots of people out there in the uk who will help out. I got a London card this way ,free of charge.
    Best of luck, dont pay if you dont have to>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭irishgeo

so much for carrolls idea. My thread looking for a bbc card on digital spy just got locked. Just have to trawl usenet then.

• Advertisement
    byte

Originally posted by irishgeo
    so much for carrolls idea. My thread looking for a bbc card on digital spy just got locked. Just have to trawl usenet then.

That's why I never started such a thread there. MIght give Usenet a try too. Though I won't hold my breath:(

Sorry to hear that irishgeo.
    I started my Digital Spy FTA thread on 02-05-2002,
    got 5 cards from it and the thread is still live.
    http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?threadid=23140&highlight=carrolls
    They must be starting to crack down on Irish card beggars.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

I've a question. I have a friend in Newcastle who might be willing to get an FTV card for me. He's a student though and he has no television, and therefore no TV license registered at his address. Does this mean he can't get an FTV card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Nope, he cant. They'll do an address check on where they send the card to. Gotta hava licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bazza

How many FTA cards can exist for one UK address does anyone know (providing they've paid the licence fee etc..)? Like can I get one at a relations address without precluding him from getting one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

All UK TV licence payers are entitled to four FTV cards per household.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 digitaldreamuk

hi guys i live in uk and can get anyone a fta card free of charge so anyone want one let me know and i send u a card, also can change region to northern ireland no problem or scotland or wales as have relations in all regions.
    I can get hold of four cards per household.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by digitaldreamuk
    hi guys i live in uk and can get anyone a fta card free of charge so anyone want one let me know and i send u a card, also can change region to northern ireland no problem or scotland or wales as have relations in all regions.
    I can get hold of four cards per household.

PM sent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Icehouse

So Sceptre, did you get a reply to your PM. I, so far, didn't.

>>>PM sent!

>>>__________________
    >>>Ireland to get broadband before the South Pole? Not bloody likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

No, but it's only been three days (not everyone logs on every day) and if the chap is going to do me a big favour by supplying me with *cough* a foreign card for watching TV *cough* you'll not catch me being impatient. If nothing comes of it I'll just have to resort to bribing someone else.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement