Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music from Irish Defence FOrces ad ?

Options
  • 07-06-2002 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone?
    is it someone else song licences or something commisioned?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭PyjamaMan

havent seen that on yet whats it go like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

People used to always ask this on 2fm. Apparently, it was made especially for the add, by someone whos name I can't recall. Try Army PR or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Yeah, might just do.

On another note, that ad itself is prety damn badass though, isn't it? Specially the last scene, with the squad moving towards the camera up the road with the choppers flying overheadin the background.
    Teh Win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by SyxPak

On another note, that ad itself is prety damn badass though, isn't it? Specially the last scene, with the squad moving towards the camera up the road with the choppers flying overheadin the background.
    Teh Win.

Hmmm yeah! They must want us to join the army or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭PyjamaMan

im fer joining them once i become an irish citizen.... fecking brits making me have to apply to be irish. you dont happen to know how id go about gettin irish citizen ship.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

i'll sell ya my passport...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Yeah, might just do.

Teh Win.

Yep, we did that commercial in work :)

Ill pass on your compliment to the chief 'helicopter paster' :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Ah Yes, the Army

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture - and kill them"

In fairness, that ad was a great bit of fiction. Especially the choppers. Never seen those flying around Baldonnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Aye, tis nearly a pisstake on Apockylips Noe.

And they ignored the Mowag Pirahnas....

Still, anyone got a rip of the tune? Tis nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Yea the advertising agency that made the ad had the music made especially for it.

this information came to me from a very reliable scource on the inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Don't suppose anyone is mad enough to rip it with their tv card, divx it and upload somewhere for the curious?

Advertisement