Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World cup on Astra 19.2 East?

• 07-06-2002 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi,

I just wanted to know if anyone knows if the world cup is broadcasted on any of the FTA's on the astra 19.2 east satellite?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭sayireland

Analogue yes German channels ARD and ZDF. Digital not 100% sure as I think that they are coded to avoid other digital bouquets outside Germany picking them up.

In Spain the bouqet that have the exclusive rights (Via Digital on Hispasat) forced the German channels to code the World Cup draw as it would have been available to Canal Satelite viewers (the competition bouquet) free on the Astra satellite system. I think that has happened to the games as well so I think the best option is on analogue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

ok cool, its only digital i can receive though. and ZDF is on it. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i had a look at digital ZDF during the England match today and they were showing a b+w film while on analogue the game was being shown.

ARD is there too under the name Das Erste
    11.837 H 27.5 3/4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

Oh cool thanks. I'll check that channel out.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

AFAIK, the channels on digital arent allowed to broadcast the WC. I think it's due to collapse in Kirch Media as they had rights or something.

• Advertisement
Advertisement