Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

svcd file split

• 07-06-2002 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

Ive made a 1.3gb svcd file and I wanna stick it on 2 cds. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what I could use to split the file..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

the amount of times i post this answer is unbelieveable.
    HJ Split is tiny 110k and works perfect. Being only 110k ya can just stick it on the same cd or whatever your splitting and then use it to rejoin them later.

http://download.com.com/3000-2248-872233.html?tag=lst-3-3

Gid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

If on the other hand he wants to split it so its playable onto 2 cds, svcd is mpeg afaik, so he could split the video into 2 and burn as svcd's using nero. or he could DivX it and not loose any/much quality and, the resulting file size would be well below 700mb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

Anyone know how to join 4 svcd's back together once they're on your hdd? Tried the software mentioned above but the output file is the same as the first input file.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

I wanna split the file into 2 so I can burn it and play it on a normal dvd player. I cant seem to find anything that'll do that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

1. Get the file Gideon posted.
    2. Split the mpeg file into 2 parts
    3. Use Nero to burn the mpeg files as SVCDs
    4. Insert in DVD player

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

You probs have a .cue and a .bin file... these are an image of the VCD u cant spilt thes and burn em to 2 cd's and still play em in a DVD player. U have to rip the mpeg back out of the .bin (vcdgear under windows and linux or vcdimager underlinux) Then split the mpeg in 2... then encode back to .cue and .bin (same progies as abouve should do the job as will as nero and easy cd creator under win).

Anyone know a good mpeg editor that will split and join mpegs under linux???

I haven't tried broadcast 2000 yet....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Originally posted by Sico
    1. Get the file Gideon posted.
    2. Split the mpeg file into 2 parts
    3. Use Nero to burn the mpeg files as SVCDs
    4. Insert in DVD player
    Quit confusing the poor man. The splitter program Gideon suggested only splits a file into parts and you can't play the resulting parts on it's own so you can't create the svcds using them. What StrataGIST suggested, the virtuadub program should be able to split the svcd file into 2 playable parts and then you can use something like nero to make 2 svcds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Yea, thats more the thing I was looking for.

having a problem with it though, when I try to open my svcd file I get a packet sync error :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Originally posted by Xithus
    Yea, thats more the thing I was looking for.

having a problem with it though, when I try to open my svcd file I get a packet sync error :(
    Well, I haven't used virtualdub much so can't help you but http://www.vcdhelp.com/edit.htm has lots of articles on how to cut and join movies using various programs including virtualdub so go have a read.

• Advertisement
Advertisement