Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom II map/wad files?

Options
  • 07-06-2002 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭

I've been playing CS and DoD for a while now and while looking through my harddisk found that Doom 2 was still installed, I loaded it up and was v surprised to find how damn good it still is!

graphically and soundwise its several rungs below anything newer, but the gameplay and atmospherics are still there,

what I'm looking for now is level or WAD files that other people have made for Doom II, I've dowloaded a few from www.doomwads.com, and some of them were very good, with new monsters guns graphics and sounds,

does anyone know any more sites that I can get quality Wads from?

and has anyone else rediscovered the joys of killing imps with the shotgun like me?

L.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

I think Doom 1 feels lot more fun and scary then doom2. But ya can't take away the fun of the super-shotgun from doom2 :D .

http://www.doomworld.com/

http://www.doomcenter.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Ive finished Doom1,with (almost) every secret in it. What i want is a place to download Doom2!!! i went looking on several freeware sites, but couldnt find it :( (didnt bother with warez,pop ups are too damn annoying...)
    Some help here plz! will be much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Anyone know where to get full copies of Doom or Doom2 online. Surely it's abandonware at this stage. If not I just want to make it clear that I'm not looking for warez of any kind, so if it's not legal, I don't want to know.

The reason I ask is because I used to own the games years ago (when a 486 ruled the world), and I still have an Add-On CD with more WADS and editors than you can shake a stick at. I used to be pretty kewl, and making levels too. I had a map of my secondary school at the time. Myself and my mates used to run around. Pity I didn't have the right textures though, but I did have the BIG BOSS guy in the priciples office. :)

Oh Good times, they were ;)

;-phobos-)

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Wouldn't mind nabbing it myself...

Been playing zDoom a lot recently - It's just one of those games that spring to mind during boredom, and you can't put it down...
    Unfortunately I could never find DoomII and the Doom game I have at the present moment is merely the first level out of the three you got with the full game (Knee deep in hell etc etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

This website can get you a lot of older games (all legal!), it does doom1 but not Doom2,hope this helps you ropey as it has the full doom1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Can't see Doom on The-Underdogs (I had a feeling it wouldn't be, so I checked, and it wasn't!) ;)

If people are looking for Doom. and don't mind splashing out a massive €10(-ish), you can get Ultimate Doom/Doom 2/Final Doom in a (fairly) recently released pack (Doom Anthology, or somethink like that....)

Its in Game/EB. Saw it there recently.

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Originally posted by phobos
    I had a map of my secondary school at the time. Myself and my mates used to run around. Pity I didn't have the right textures though, but I did have the BIG BOSS guy in the priciples office. :)

ENDAS?!

I wouldn't mnd checking that out :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

ID are so scroungy that they won't give up any of their games as abandonware. It makes sense though since doom still sells (the gba version did very well). I do know where to get it but since it is copyright infringement to downlkoad it im not going to tell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

ID are going to bring out doom 2 for the gba. but its was over shadow from the doom 3 show @ E3...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I made a few levels for doom/doom2 and duke3d I'll post up links as soon as I find em, they're on cd's somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Originally posted by DRakE
    ENDAS?!
    I wouldn't mnd checking that out :)

Indeed it was Enda's. It was good craic, running around the main corridor. But the only problem is that you couldn't go all the way around the building. If was to accomodate the football pitches out the front, and all the windows etc, it would have chewed my trust 486 to bits, on processing power alone, to conjure such a map. But I did get most of the inside working. No upstairs, because we are confinded to 2 dimensions in the Doom series. But I had
    1. The Central Corridor
    2. The Study Hall
    3. The Science Lab
    4. The Church
    5. The Drama Hall (which looked quite cool, with the stage, and the steps along side it.
    6. All the ground floor class rooms (along the main corridor, and over as far as Moses's roomm beside the PE hall)

It took be a couple of days to do that ( I was addicted).
    Unfortunately I don't have that map anymore, any others (by myself) for that matter. For the simple reason we are talking 5-6 years ago. But I do have thousands of other maps, and editors, and enough stuff to keep you Doom style happy for a long time.

If anyone is interested I will make copies of the CD for anyone who wants it (to handout @ the next Galway drinkies session) ;)

;-phobos-)

Advertisement