Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDD filling up

• 08-06-2002 1:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

I think i missleading opened some kind of virus, you see i opened it ********.scr( _=space)_______________.exe . When i checked the file after i clicked it i discovered it was an exe.

I opened the file as it was from a firend but you see whats happening now is that my c:\windows\temp\sys32 folder regularly becomes 3gb/5gb filled with all these .scr_______.exe files .

Was wondering does anyone have any ideas how to remove it(virus not files). And yes i have scanned my computer with latest virus definitions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

search through your registry for anything to do with ".scr " .. you might come across a dodgy key thats doing the damage..

run msconfig.. check what files are loaded on startup.

search mcafee or nortons websites.. they've tons of virus information.

Advertisement