Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheaters

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Just on the point of learning off and regurgitating, i think its wrong and change is coming. More emphasis is being put on continuos assessments and showing applied knowledge and rightly so. I find the current system of learning off 2 years work (LC) totally preposterous and out dated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭poobags

People who are lazy are inevitably going to complain about the system. It favours the workers. People who are creative, well most of their courses are based on portfolio work and there isn't much emphasis on points. The leavin is good in theory as it is non discriminate but it is the courses that let it down.

Take for example Irish. In every other language course(excluding english) it is not compulsory for you to do poems and prose. But in IRish we have to do some bull**** story about some ****in tit who gets thaught some stupid ****in lesson . You have to study it in paper two. But nobody can speak Irish by the end of their course and that just makes the whole thing pointless. The oral should be worth 60 percent so people would put most time into that. It mean sthe language is not evolvin as the young people arn't usin it. Through the youth is the only way a language can evolve and if it fails to do this it dies. The Irish course is killin IRish.

I do music and thats a completly different story. Half of the marks for the exam went for a performance. I had to play guitar for an exam. How brilliant was that. I didn't care that it was a once off exam and that I could **** up on the day. No Iwas comfortable.
    If we could relate more to the exam like in music we wouldn't have so much complaints about the leavin.

But change is comin without a doubt. Somethins goin to happen in relation to the leavin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

I remember in my junior cert, a guy in my class pulled out a 2 full a4 pages of notes(back and front) from his shirt pocket during our french exam and was looking at it for about 20 mins. The gobsh*** examiners were none the wiser.

I must admit i did a slight bit of cheating myself, keyed a few history dates into my watch, needless to say i scored a beautiful A. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

About that going to the toilet to check your notes method... well our super nintendo writes down the time you left and came back from the jacks on the page you're on... So if your rambling away in an essay writing absolute sh*te and the corrector sees *toilet* followed by a string of incredibly intelligent sentences fully relating to the essay title.. well tis a bit obvious..

Did anybody's super intendant announce the Ireland - Germany score? during english i think... or was it Irish.. i dunno?
    Our guy is pretty sound.. he confiscated a polo off me!
    your never really in a situation where you can ask someone the answer tho..

It is possible to cheat.. Although i wouldn't condone it.. My friend found a crumpled up piece of paper w/ maths formulae written all over it... obviously someone cheated and got away w/ it... but it is damn risky.. A teacher told us for maths to write formulae on the calculator in pencil.. it isn't visible till tilted under light.. but for the ammount of stuff you'd fit on a calculator u may aswell learn the stuff...
    My advice to successfully cheat in the LC would be to devise a language consisting of only coughs and sneezes... but good luck with that!

And to Havok i think it was... I totally agree... I myself want to do Graphic Design ( D.. Comm. in C.I.T) but I am not the type to study my ass off.. in fact i would be moreso the photographic memory type... and it would be wrong for me to become a vet over someone with a natural abilty to aid animals.. but i am artistic/creative which is what the course requires..

What the colleges should do is give an entrance exam.. Ie.. for an art course a portfolio is required.. but what about a dentistry or vetinery course?etc... I'm glad CIT dont want a portfolio tho.. if they did i'd be fuked!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭embraer170

About that going to the toilet to check your notes method... well our super nintendo writes down the time you left and came back from the jacks on the page you're on... So if your rambling away in an essay writing absolute sh*te and the corrector sees *toilet* followed by a string of incredibly intelligent sentences fully relating to the essay title.. well tis a bit obvious..

Well my old exam centre was shut down Monday evening so were all moved to another one. Weirdest guy ever. People can sit where they want (big room with about 40 desks, 20 pupils, everyone is down the back and he is right at the front), people can go in and out to the toilet when they want (doesn't even write it on people's exams) etc...

Only annoying thing is that he tends to start late (09:35 for business today) but doesn't give us 1 extra second at the end.

It all really depends on on the supervisor doesn't it?

Jer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Well from my experence in the last week i've found if i had wanted to i could cheat like mad.........but that ole moral compas thingy parents instilled into me is holding me back....and the fact i've worked so not worth risk...but i'm sure if i wanted to i could get away with a huge level of cheating....ringing someone from the toilet for answers or anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

I have pittty for ye guys, we just cheat in our exam there and ur man looks at us and smiles lol. He also gives us all the answers he can. Today he was very tense. We all noticed it. Towards the evening a guy walked into the room with a suit. I thought that it was going to be our new superviser but once he went away after a bit of chatting, our superviser old us that he was an inspector from the education department. And that he was expecting him all day, so thats why he didnt want to get caught helping us or us talking. Me and my friend went from the exam earlly. I went in with my friend to the jacks. He had a fag. But then the superviser walked in and done his business lol. He left the class unsupervised. Guess he was holding it all day!

Originally posted by donaloconnor
    I have pittty for ye guys, we just cheat in our exam there and ur man looks at us and smiles lol. He also gives us all the answers he can. Today he was very tense. We all noticed it. Towards the evening a guy walked into the room with a suit. I thought that it was going to be our new superviser but once he went away after a bit of chatting, our superviser old us that he was an inspector from the education department. And that he was expecting him all day, so thats why he didnt want to get caught helping us or us talking. Me and my friend went from the exam earlly. I went in with my friend to the jacks. He had a fag. But then the superviser walked in and done his business lol. He left the class unsupervised. Guess he was holding it all day!

So the moral of the story is we might aswell all cheat?

umm nope just thought i might share what happens in our exams. But i guess we are just lucky to have him

well supervisor in the room nextdoor to mine is my old irish teacher.....and she seems to know my supervisor...so if i wanted to i'm sure i could get away with most things.....(me old irish teacher likes me :) )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

Did anybody's super intendant announce the Ireland - Germany score? during english i think... or was it Irish.. i dunno?
    We got a dancing supervisor. He just got a bit too excited when Ireland scored during english.

Yeah our superviser got his helper go get us the scor every 1/4 hour or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

My cousin admitted that he cheated during his exams by writing answers on a tissue, then pretending he had the flu, blowing his nose(not really) then looking at his notes.

He did this for 4 exams and seems to have got away with it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

i was one of the 600 jc students whose cspe "projects" were lost. the exam only accounted for 40% and i still got a D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Our Supervisor was dead sound. He started a couple of exams early so we could make kick off for some matches. He got his helper to get us scores and also let us have extra time if we needed it. He wouldn't have let us cheat but he did push boundries for us which was nice of him.

Ry

Advertisement