Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

requesting a "retro gamer" board

• 08-06-2002 8:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

anybody else up for the idea of having a retro gamer board? You know, where we can take about the original FF, Pong, Pacman, Paperboy ect...

I know somebody who would mod it :P
    *points to myself*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

dedicted to c64 games and the like.

yeah sounds good. A lot of the lads on the emulator boards talk about Retro games all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

sounds good.

time to talk about the good old days :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

the least you could do when your angling to become a mod is to check that the board doesnt already exist :)

Surely this fits into both games and emulators.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

games is games in general..
    retro is specificly for the pre-playstation times

emulators are programs designed to make your computer act like a console, not specificly an older one at that... sure, the ROMS can be older games, but you still dont see people talking about the game in general, just "where can I get this ROM"..

c'mon dustaz, dont you want to talk about the days of Atari2600, with its blistering 128bytes of RAM and 1.19mhz? not to mention the 320x200res with 2 channel square or noise sound :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

c'mon dustaz, dont you want to talk about the days of Atari2600, with its blistering 128bytes of RAM and 1.19mhz? not to mention the 320x200res with 2 channel square or noise sound

If you want to discuss that, you're more than welcome to do so on the Games board (and I'd imagine equally welcome on Emulators). There's the occasional bit of retro traffic on Games which is all perfectly on-topic, but certainly not enough to consider splitting it off into a board of its own.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yes, this is more then covered in the two boards mentioned.
    Could the moderators of those boards be sure its covered in their charters?

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Why not tag on the title "Retrogames" to the emulater board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Originally posted by Keeks
    Why not tag on the title "Retrogames" to the emulater board

I fully endorese this product/service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Tizlox
    anybody else up for the idea of having a retro gamer board?
    You mean things like Quake and all that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Jesus, Boards is split up enough without even more sub-categorizing. Games and/or Emulators are perfectly valid forums for Retro game discussion

Wah wah, I love cheese, I think the Food board should be split so we can have a Cheese boards all of its own. Then we could split that to have an Edam forum, a Cheddar forum, a Gorgonzola forum... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement