Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Wap

Options
  • 08-06-2002 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

Why do meteor charge me 1c when im unsucessful in connecting to their wap service?
    I rang 1742 after i couldnt get connected and in the last 5 calls i made it listed the unsucessul attempt.
    In my opinion its madness:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

The principle of connecting to WAP over GSM is exactly the same as to any ISP over a land line, in so far as if your initial handshake fails, you're still going to get billed. So at least it's only 1c rather than the 5c minimum that normal land line calls charge.

Failures do take place far more often when connecting to WAP than with land lines, but this is often due to the gateways being poorly confugured or maintained and also, frankly, WAP should not have been released prior to GPRS, where it's far more stable, in the first place.

Advertisement