Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP printers- Replace Carts. or Buy a New One?

• 04-08-2001 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

I've heard the Epson cartridges are blobby. There's a Guernsey company, 7dayshop.com, that's supposed to do the genuine ones cheaper than the shop shops.

If you want HP cartridges for your 640, I have.... oh, wait, no, they're for the 300 deskjet series - 310, 320, 340, and deskwriter 310 and 320. Drat. I was just going to say I had a bunch of 'em. Well, if anyone has one of those printers, make me an offer for my millions of cartridges, which I bought just before sharing a cup of tea with my old 340. Great little machine it was.

I've been trying for ages to get a 340 to cannibalise with it, but no luck so far.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

To Fand:

What about Deskjet 400 Cartridges??

Same thing happened w/ that printer...
    I finished a cartridge looked @ the price and said sod that and I bought a knew printer!

80p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Anyone got any suggestions….

I have an HP Deskjet 640c which now unfortunately is in need of 2 new ink carts (Black & Colour)- The best prices I have seen around are about £70 for both!

Does anyone know any cheap place to get clones or the orig. HP carts- I mean £70 is practically the price of a new printer and I’ve only had this one less than a year !
    If I went in and bargained when buying a new printer I may even get them to throw in spare carts.

Any suggestions welcome!

80p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Get an Epson, i believe you can get generic ink carts for £7 a pop.

Ashley...if only

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Well, PC World do low quality cheap refills and also refill kits you can use yourself. Not really recommended however.....

And bear in mind any InkJet printer you purchase will need replacement cartridges at some stage; and InkJet cartridges are all fairly pricey.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chernobyl:
    Get an Epson, i believe you can get generic ink carts for £7 a pop.

</font>

I've only seen non-make ones for around £20-25
    only about a fiver cheaper..
    were you seen them for £7 please?

• Advertisement
Advertisement